Thread: september monthly meeting

september monthly meeting

Hi
    kev here standing in for bill had a great time me and jumbo jet taking wheels off and fixing brakes on pub car park made a change from just standing there and talking nothing wrong will talking just made a nice change
    see you in october kev

Re: september monthly meeting

Yeah, was great fun! Thanks for your advice and help Kev, I learned a lot!

When I got home I took the front nearside wheel off and took out the slider bolts with a socket set as you showed me. Then I gave inside the slider casings a good blast of WD40 and then sprayed the slider bolts themselves. It looks as if they've got copper grease on them? Might explain why that wheel seems to be dragging?

Anyway, I put it all back together and went for a spin and then after today's commute to work I can confirm that the car no longer pulls to the nearside under braking like it did before! I've still got a steering wheel wobble and it still pulls to the nearside when driving straight but, if that calliper was sticking on, it might have warped my new disc anyway which might be causing the wobble? It's certainly a step in the right direction!

As Kev said, actually doing some work on the pub car park was very valuable and is good way to teach novices, like myself, and anyone else tips and tricks and new ideas. Might be worth trying to think about a 'practical lesson' that we could do each month? If anyone's got a job that needs doing or some advice bring your tools along and we'll take it apart and probably all learn something!