Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LeManX/MK1club Xmas Do Mickleover Court Derby 5/12/09

MR2 Enthusiast

LeManX/MK1club Xmas Do Mickleover Court Derby 5/12/09

I know its early to be thinking about this but Early means cheaper.

For those that havent been before this is the hotel

http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/ ... derby.aspx

I have 20 rooms for Booking in friday leaving sunday morning

£70 per room inc breakfast (Hilton buffet style)

so £35 a head per night + £40 for the party

so for a couple its £220 for the weekend

We will sort out a Flexible itinery for the weekend involving runs out etc which will be purely voluntary as the hotel has some excellent facilities sucha as a full spa which all facilities apart from treatments are included in the Hotel price.

Friday Eve Arrive Drinks and catchup
    Sat Breakfast and then Run out for the day Peaks are 15miles away so buxton and the cat and fiddle snake pass etc are all doable and highly recomended
    Sat Eve Party
    Sunday recover/chill spa then out for a pub lunch then depart for home etc.

Can i have a show of hands for who wants to go this year to the christmas party so i can let the hotel know numbers. Then ill get a booking ref so people who want to pay early can.

Inmates so far.

1. John (single room / sharing a twin) (Saturday only)
    2. Reema & Chris (double room) (Saturday only)
    3. Jinxy & Debs (double room) (Friday & Saturday)
    4. Ben (single room / sharing a twin) (probably both)
    5. Steve & Cathy (double room) (Friday & Saturday)
    6. Pete & Niki (Double room) (Saturday only)
    7. Jo & Garrick (no room) evening 'do' only
    8. Tom & Hisano (Double room) (Friday & Saturday)

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: MK1 CLUB Christmas Party

Yep totally agree with having a MK1 Christmas Party, would be good to get as many people together as possible.

Depends on date though, as we are planning to go the Le Mans Xmas Party, which is the first weekend in December.

Debs

MR2 Fan

Manchester is central?!

Personally, I'd go for somewhere out of Birmingham such as Burton on Trent... it's on the fringes of the Peak District.

Alternatively, maybe Chester - and we can go drive into North Wales.

Just my off-the-top-of-my-head 2p

MR2 Enthusiast

Manchester is central when you include scotland and wales and northern ireland all places where we have members who may want to come.

Birmingham thats great for us down south takes the travelling time down to sub 3 hours but it adds an hour + 60miles for people coming from the north.

chester is a not bad suggestion for the north wales driving but in terms of travelling theres hardly any difference between that and manchester.

Really pleased someone has took the initiative to look at this nice and early, its brilliant that its not left to the main organisers to look after this one as its quite a time consuming event to get organised, having organised 3 national christmas parties for the club I know what its like.

In the past we have been to Derby ( Mickleover ), Loughborough and Coventry and all 3 were good parties within the hotel as part of their organised party nights and stay offers.

Prices have been around £49.50 for party and B and B per person, per night which is great value.

Like Debs said we plan to hold the Le Mans christmas get together the 1st week in December at a hotel near Donnington Park, what we could do is mix the 2 together, kill 2 birds with 1 stone if people didn't mind, the more the merrier, plus most people who attend the LM party are actually MK1 Club members

Tiny are you looking after this for 2009.

MR2 Enthusiast

Ill happily run with it for 09 (does this mean im organising the LeMan one aswell?)

I dont see a problem combining the two as you say kill 2 birds with one stone lots of the people who come to Leman that dont own Mk1s are of the same slightly unhinged mindset that the Mk1 owners share.

Where we looking for the Leman chrimbo party then?
    and are we doing one night or two to incorporate some form of drivout the following day? (subject to people passing a breathaliser test :P)

What has happened in the past is meet Friday evening at hotel, drinks, have a drive out Saturday lunchtime, drinks, then meet up for pre dinner drinks, then party and more drinks, then bed. Sunday morning chill, swim in pool, gym etc, go for lunch in christmassy pub then depart for home.

Last year we had the LM party at the Mickleover Cout Hotel near Derby, on the Sunday we had a drive out to Matlock, was good even though we all got split up over the moors!

The possibilities are endless.

About 90% of the Le Mans crowd own or have owned MR2's, nice people who love a good knees up Wayne, Jinxy, Pete Hartley, Ki Williams to name a few of the MK1 Club people. We were looking at Donnington Park Hotels as its 10 minutes from M1 and has the museum open all year, however we are easy and will happily go with the majority.

MR2 Enthusiast

What do people think to around donnington park? Those that went last year what did you think of the area and the Mickleover Court hotel/spa If people are happy with the Area then ill look for hotels in the area.

Re: LeMan10/MK1 CLUB Christmas Party 4th/5th/6th DEC 09

Mickleover Court Hotel in Mickleover Derby is a fab hotel, we have actually had 2 MK1 Club Xmas parties here and we used it last December for the Le Mans get together.

Its a nice, modern hotel with clean rooms, 2 bars, gym, sauna, swimming pool, spa and treatment rooms for the ladies, pampering, etc ( keeps them sweet )

We have had excellent deals in the past, £49.50 per night for the room based on 2 people sharing B & B for Friday and Saturday night and only £19.95 for the party night and meal. Debs is the queen for getting great room deals.

There is ample parking at the hotel with underground parking and a vallet service ( needs to be pre booked in )

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: LeMan10/MK1 CLUB Christmas Party 4th/5th/6th DEC 09

well allow me to attempt to steal her crown