Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk1 4a-ge Timing belt fitting

Quote Originally Posted by iankelly View Post
    Just a note to compliment the service from Paul in the long overdue replacement of my cambelt (shown above)
    My car is now running better than it ever has in the 12 years I have had it (to be fair, it highlights the importance of sending it to someone who knows what they are doing)
    Normally I would write it off as the limit of my amateur diy skills but the very same car went into MrT for a full service service after I got it and it was not picked up!!!

Paul adjusted the timing and fuel mixtures and would take any more than the £80 quoted - best money I have spent and well worth the trip from Glasgow.

Cheers Paul.
    I obviously meant "...would NOT take any more than the £80"

Club Technical Advisor
    You're very welcome Ian, glad we found the faults and you can now enjoy it properly.

MR2 Lurker
    I just want to thank Paul for expert fitting of a new cambelt yesterday afternoon (I only phoned that morning!!) to my MK1b.The job was done in about 1hour inspite of the tensioner bolt flats being rounded and therefore spanner just turning! Soloution was to weld a larger nut to the bolt head and undo with a perfect fitting socket.
    After running up to temp.Paul checked and reset idle rpm,along with a general "health check".All in all total time in his expert hands about 90 mins.Fantastic!!
    Thanks again Paul(and Tony).

Club Technical Advisor
    You're more than welcome sir, normally they take well under an hour but yours threw me a little surprise problem.

Anything you need just ask, lovely example you have there.

MR2 Fan
    Hi Paul do you still do timing belt changes?

Club Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by philmk1 View Post
    Hi Paul do you still do timing belt changes?
    Sorry Phil we closed the workshop March 2020 when Covid hit, we operate online retail parts these days only.

MR2 Fan
    Thanks Paul can you recommend any one?