Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans 7th-14th June 2010

Le Mans 7th-14th June 2010

All the info for the 2010 LM event can be found on IMOC due to this not being specifically a MK1 Club event.

Get your names down for a truely amazing experience !!

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119529

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Le Mans 2010

Jinxy and I got home yesterday from another excellent trip, this has got to be one of the best trips, anyone could ever do, great company, friends from far and wide, brilliant camp site (alothough only of you like very cold showers ), fantastic racing, and another wonderful Bolt-On Trip.

We are down for next years trip already.

I've posted a few pictures of this years event just to wet your appetites a little.

We need to keep the thread on IMOC as it isn't a MK1 Club evnt as such, just in case you were wondering why it's posted there, this year we had a nice selection of MK1's, MK2's and 2 Roadsters.

28 people already booked for 2010 is testament to what a fabulous event this is.

I understand TOYOTA could possibly be racing 2010

can you post a link to the imoc thread in your first post please

Will do

Plans have started for the 2010 LM run thanks to club members over on facebook, it looks like parking, camping, hotels on way down and back and ferries have already been booked, talk about being organised.

As previously stated this is not specifically a MK1 Club only event anymore, due to its popularity it got to a stage where members of IMOC wanted to come, then ROC and eventually friends of MR2 owners wanted to come in their cars, so to date we now see people come in whatever they want. So to sum up this event is open to any sportscar owners and is simply called The LM 2010 Tour ( took me ages to think of that )

There is no main organiser for this trip, its all organised by the individual themselves, ferry, hotels, tickets and camping, they good news is its my 10th year attending Le Mans and will give you all the information and advice that youcould possibly require.

We have an agenda, feel free to follow it or simply arrange it yourself, however here goes.

Day 1 Monday 7th June
    Meet at the Premier Inn hotel in Dover, price per room £69

Day 2 Tuesday 8th June
    Depart from Dover 7.00am with LD Line ferries to Boulogne, £36 return at the time of booking. Travel to Chateau de Chanteloup in Sille-le-Phillippe ( 15 minutes from circuit ) for a 6 night stay, as a guide its roughly £70 per tent for the stay based on 4 tents sharing 1 plot/pitch

Day 3,4,5 Wednesday 9th June - Friday 11th June
    Freetime, plenty to do in the Loire Valley

Day 6,7 Saturday 12th - Sunday 13th June
    Le Mans 24 Heures Du Mans 2010

Day 8 Monday 14th June
    Leave campsite and travel to Boulogne for a 1 night stay in Premiere Classe Boulogne Hotel in Boulogne, just off the A16, price at the time of booking is £34

Day 9 Tuesday 15th June
    Leave Boulogne on 10.45am ferry to Dover and then onwards to home destinations

Please get in touch if you require more information

michaelsheavills@btinternet.com

Can we have a show of hands from the MK1 owners who are attending Le Mans this year so we can arrange the camping

Cheers

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 Forever
    Can we have a show of hands from the MK1 owners who are attending Le Mans this year so we can arrange the camping

Cheers

that'll be me then

MR2 Fan

i was planning on le mans next year as my car needed so much work i thought it might take me a year. a few months later on and it might be ready in a few weeks.

how far too late am i for le mans this year?