Thread: Mk1 TD replica engine lid

Hybrid View

Club Technical Advisor

Mk1 TD replica engine lid

Only 15 of these Mk1 engine lids were ever made, nearly all of them exist in the US and are no longer in production.This is a replica of the Thomas Designs engine lid that we will shortly be producing in about 4 weeks time.

I am going to be using one of these on my mk1 v8 for cooling reasons but it also suits the "on steroids" style of my car.It will mean i can add two huge fans under the vents.

This thread is for pre-order bookings, no deposits or anything at this stage, i just need to get a rough idea of numbers for the moulder.

All lids will be sold on an exchange basis for an old mk1 NA lid,i need to use the webbing and underside of a stock mk1 lid to make these.... so either send me your lid or any old one off ebay (cheap as chips!).

Prices are not confirmed as yet but i am hoping the manufacturing costs are kept fairly low and we can supply these somewhere in the £150-£180 region (with old lid taken in exchange)

If you are interested whack your name below, no commitment as yet

Club Technical Advisor
    Yes i always have some in stock, just let me know if you want one, thanks Paul.

Paul PM d
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Paul tried to PM you tonight but says you need to clear out your inbox to receive anymore mesages

Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."