Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classifieds Query

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Classifieds Query

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mk1chick
    Quote Originally Posted by waynestoyotamr2
    A Classified area of the Forum definitely gets a thumbs up from me, trust me!
    Crikey! The committee are now masters of changing thier minds.
    Wayne - you said originally that the for sale section was to stay website based!
    Is it that time of month or something LOL

just to quote a relevant part of the discussion:
    Quote Originally Posted by waynestoyotamr2
    I dont actually want a For Sale section on the forum.

The reason for this is as follows, for IMOC it is fine, they are a forum club. We are not, I would still like people to visit http://www.mr2mk1club.com from time to to aswell. This is also why I dont want a Technical Article/Knowledge Base type setup on the forum either.

Also, I have never been a fan of information in two places. We already have a For Sale section on the website. So if possible, I would like us to use that.

Perhaps a link as "For Sale" that takes people to the For Sale area of the website?
    Thats some turnaroound of opinion, yet again, Wayne

Can you maybe decide where to go with this and change it if required then?

Jo instead of just constantly picking holes and generally annoying everyone can you be constructive and contribute rather than degrade the topic!

I mean FFS if we had used that time of the month comment on you. You would have gone ballistic. What has your post contributed other than to your post count?

With this thread and the moderator voting thread seeming to both go negative, am off back to the OC.

Don't want my hobby/passion full of squabbles.

Ignoring the squabbles (didn't mean to open a can of worms!) I have noticed something else re: the classifieds.

If you filter for "parts only" or "cars only", then switch from page 1 to a subsequent page it automatically resets to the "all" category. Very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28
    Don't want my hobby/passion full of squabbles.
    I agree - it's painful sometimes to see the squabbling. Can we keep this thread on topic please?

FossMan - I hadn't noticed that, thanks for pointing it out. We'll see if we can get it sorted at some point in the future.
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

Sorry Kate & Tiny - just was strange getting told one thing erlier and then seeing the opposite posted up later
    (maybe it is my time of month LOL)

My advert still isn't up. Chances are I've sold the exhaust elsewhere anyway but i thought that somebody might be interested!

MR2 Enthusiast

neithers my 1b for sale advert

MR2 Fan

Umm... without wanting to piss on anyone's parade...

Why can we not just be sensible folk, and have a democratic vote upon which format of 'for-sale' the members would prefer?

Ultimately, it is an enthusiasts club, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

I totally see your point, Wayne, of not wanting it to become a forum-based club, but the crux of it is that there's no point in having something there just for the sake of rigidity and sticking to a plan, rather than what is most practical.

I am not a member on IMOC, and consequently all my MR2 purchases are made either the 'long way round' via the wanted section, or on eBay.

Just my 2p... and I have recently done a 14,000 dissertation on automotive member's clubs, so please value my opinion