Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

MR2 Newbie

Welcome!

Hi everyone!

As a mk1 and mk2 owner, I'm pleased to offer fellow owners a refurbishing service on existing gearknobs and steering wheels as well as providing NEW gear gaiters to compliment the interior of your cars.

As always, 25p from each gaiter sale will be set aside for MacMillan Nurses

If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please feel free to drop me a PM or email me at geargaiters@hotmail.co.uk and do my best to help.

Look forward to meeting up with you at some of the shows this year!

Rhon
    Makes and sells gear gaiters specifically for mr2 mk1's in full leather, top stitched and hand finished. Gearknob and steering wheel refurbs also available as well as replacements for felt inserts and new tbar bags.

MR2 Fan

Re: Welcome!

Not sure if this is a silly question or a positive suggestion:

For gear knobs and steering wheels, will it be a case of send it to you/you send it back a week later, or will it be more of a replacement (ie: I actually purchase one off you, in exchange for my old one) ?

It's just that I can foresee being without a steering wheel for a few days will be a problem for many potential buyers.

MR2 Newbie

Hi!

Its not a silly question at all!

I would need your existing gearknob / steering wheel, but I do offer a loan if you need it.

Unfortunately, what I do need is payment up front due to some 'not so trustworthy' owners not returning my loan ones to me when i've returned their newly refurbed items It doesn't appear that those concerned are members of this forum though, but if they appear, I will be contacting the admin so that they don't have the opportunity to do the same to other members.

For the steering wheels, I do only require the 'outer' ring. The horn section and connectors aren't required. That way the loan one should just slip into place

Hope this helps

Rhon
    Makes and sells gear gaiters specifically for mr2 mk1's in full leather, top stitched and hand finished. Gearknob and steering wheel refurbs also available as well as replacements for felt inserts and new tbar bags.

MR2 Enthusiast

hello Rhon

Can you post a pic up of your gearknobs as i have only seen the rubber/plastic ones?

MR2 Newbie

I've only got this one on file of a mk1 gearknob that I've covered! but it'll give you some idea.

I'd recommend Rhon's gaiters to anyone, I've had one fitted for 4 years now and it still looks like new. Quality work and leather

Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Newbie

Thanks Jimi

You at home or working at the mo?

Got home on Monday for 3 weeks
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Newbie

Superb!

Rhon, how much do you charge for a gaiter?

EDIT: Scratch that, I just found your website. Can I have a black one with white stitching please?