Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hey folks!

I thought id introduce myself! Im Innes 21 from Stornoway (off the west coast of scotland). I've just purchased a mk1 mr2 16 twincam in white. I'll be putting up some pictures later!

Innes

Re: Hello

Hello, and welcome!
    Looking forward to seeing the photos!
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Enthusiast

blimey, is there any where we dont get ! welcome
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

MR2 Fan

Hi Innes welcome to the world of mk1's, been to Lewis/Harris a few times and love the place. Be sure to put up a few pics of the roads and landscape with your car and show everyone what they're missing.

Alan

reflograp

Hi Innes,
    Lived in Stornoway for 10 years with Bristows. Thinking of a visit at back end of year in the MR2. Maybe see you then. You'll have some great drives up there cross Barvas moor or down to Harris. Makes me jealous.
    Best of luck

Gordon

Hey guys! I'm back again with some photos! Sorry for the delay! I bought the car a couple of months ago form a friend of mine for £400 It was done in a bodyshop thats owned by his father by himself. Its not an original toyota colour, but i think it still looks nice. I've never been sure about the wheels, but i think it would be worse without the stripe! I was thinking more alongs the lines of balck wheels and a black stripe..but we'll see how things pan out!

This is how she started off 2 or 3 years ago...

Then..

A bit about myself.. I'm 21 years old, and have always messed around with cars, engines, boats and tractors. I have a fetish for old retro cars (never enjoyer power steering and too much electronics lol). I work in the merchant navy as an engineer and have done for about 3 years. My list of cars are mostly vauxhalls..novas and astras. Still love the mk2 astra and still own one.

Shes an H reg 1.6 SX (not sxi) Which are aparently quite rare on the road these days, in the last 4 year of ownership ive only ever seen 2 others!
    September 2006 i had an accident with her, i hit a drystone wall back home. The damage was 2 front wings, top and bottom crossmember, bonnet, windscreen, steering wheel, bumper, foggies(nightmare to find!) and headlights..and a my face!lol
    I put her back together every nut and bolt with the help of a friend over a period of 2 years. Great learning curve!

I love the MR2, absolute joy to drive. The only thing i don't like about it is i can't say it was me that did all the hard work!

It's nice to see something a little different done with the MK1 colour scheme - the retro look suits it really well

That Astra looks nice as well - I have to say I've never really been a fan, but yours looks really good

Nice MK1

I think i have seen it before, but can't remeber where. have you been to any mk1 shows etc?

Thanks guys!

Nah i havn't been to any of the shows but the friend i bought must have been a member here, theres an owners club sticker on the car:P He didnt have it at any shows though, it was never off the island until i took it to glasgow. I'm here for a few months in college!

Any one got a spare temp guage going? I was watching an instrument set on ebay but i went out on the randan and forgot about it:@

Innes

MR2 Newbie

Hi from another newbie. Love the colour scheme. Agree the wheels don't quite work but imho it's more a style/size problem than the colour