Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mk1's in Wales

MR2 Fan

Re: Mk1's in Wales

Mongoose/magnex are probably the most commonly used stainless systems for the Mk1, if you haven't already sourced one then its worth taking a spin out to Paffs Mk1 aladdins cave in Caerleon...he'll be able to help you out!

Is your car the one thats on autotrader? G616 G?G or something like that?? I only ask, as I remember seeing the mileage & the fact that its only 10miles from me. I was gonna have a look but TBH I just dont have the room for another

Hi guys. Yeah my car has been in Auto Trade recently (G616***). Thanks for the advice on exhaust systems. I'd like to talk to 'Paff' regarding any old system that may be of use to me. Also if i may be cheeky and pick your brains - currently the middle box section is blowing badly, when driving you can smell petrol fumes, luckily i dont smoke!! Is this down to a knackered exhaust system or is the smell more siister. Thanks. Steve.

MR2 Fan

Hi there mate.

The smell of fuel is more likely to be the fuel vapor breather valve, nothing to worry about just get yourself a new one.

see pic for location

As for the exhaust I made a discovery yesterday that my spare stainless one has a split where the exhaust hanger is so will need to get some stainless wire in order to fix it. I might be able to get hold of a stock system but not sure if there is anything in the unit at the moment, too many shelves to loose things on

Always welcome to pop down and have a look tho, people get lost for ages there and sometimes get priveliged with the sound of the quiet V6

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Paff
    people get lost for ages there and sometimes get priveliged with the sound of the quiet V6
    I can vouch for that!

Hi guys. Again thanks for the information. Paffy can you give me a call - 07792650193 as to when , we can discuss this exhaust system, (if i could come and take a look all the better ). I'm tempted to weld the existing system which is on the car, but if a we can work something out , i won't bother. Many thanks. Steve.

MR2 Fan

Hi Steve.

Got a bit snowed under today, bloody corsa booked for an mot tomorrow packed up and its taking up valuable space so had to get on sorting that, so I apologise I didn't get chace to look through the racking for the exhaust.

The stainless mongoose one I'm hoping to fix as soon as I get hold of something to weld stainless, I know where one of the stock systems is but thats been promised to someone else a few weeks back, but I'm sure I had another 1 lying around somewhere If not one of the other lads might have one.

I've saved your number now and will give you a call but tbh I'm down the unit from 9am most days until I collapse and need a pint in the evening so anytime you wanted to pop down just give me a shout on 07977984309. Apart from Wednesday evenings that is.

Oh Mark, you want your wheels, exhaust sometime oh and that wing I have for ya

On that note, I've finished for the day, I'm off to the pub

MR2 Fan

Hey Paff, sorry mate have been a wee bit busy lately...what with babies, work, stag-wkend & the small matter of a wedding in 3 1/2 weeks!

Mite be able to pop down over the wkend if you're about? You'll have to start charging me for storage at this rate

MR2 Fan

No worries mate, they are out the way above a stock of engines at the moment anyway

I think I'm about on the weekend, give me a shout to make sure tho

MR2 Fan

Cool, I'll give ya a call over the wkend to see if we can meet up

Incidentally, if you come across anyone who wants the roadster alloys will you let me know as I have no need for them & they'll only end up collecting dust in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by KMK11
    Incidentally, if you come across anyone who wants the roadster alloys will you let me know as I have no need for them & they'll only end up collecting dust in my garage
    Just FYI, there's a new forum-style classifieds section appearing soon that could be useful