Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk1's in Wales

MR2 Fan

Re: Mk1's in Wales

lol @ hoping not to change your mind

Last guy that saw and heard the V6 even tho I could only drive it round the private estates asked me if I could build him one.

By the next day he had bought the Camry, he's now got the mk1 for the engine and is dropping the camry off to me at the end of the month so I can start the build.

And he came to visit in a mk1.5

Oh and back on top again, I've just seen another mk1 in Caerleon, not sure whos it is as I know pretty much all of them round here. Will have to follow it next time

MR2 Fan

Oh crap! I didn't realise you do engine conversions?!

On second thoughts...I dont think its such a good idea that I pay you a visit! Also, please dont come 'round my house anymore in your V6

After much agonising I've only recently convinced myself that I can do without a Mk1.6...now you're only gonna go & undo all my hard work!!!

Noooooo! Please no more V6 talk!!

MR2 Fan

An don't worry this will be the first customer V6 conversion

gonna be nicer than mine as well, nice stainless manifolds and whole engine detailed, tbh I'm jealous, he has more money than me tho

Hoping to get a load more done to get mine back on the road asap, body work and baffles for the exhaust, 122 decibels is a little too loud on idle managed to hit 128db's at half throttle the other day

Tell ya what, I'll make sure the V6 battery is flat if you come to visit

Gotta be honest tho, I love my little lightweight mk1 temporary car, even if it only has the 4AGE its a lovely engine.

You should visit tho, currently got with us....

2 SC's
    My V6
    My stripped out track slag
    a 4agze conversion that is scrapping the SC and going turbo instead
    and a few others stored elsewhere. Hoping to get going on the V8TT again soon tho

Good for seeing new ideas or just a chat.

MR2 Fan

Wow...I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop!

Well...I'll have one SC, one track NAil & should I go for the V6 or the V8???!!! Hhmmm

Sounds great! I'll definitely be paying you a visit soon, this week is a bit busy & there's the small matter of a rugby match this weekend (C'mon Ireland!! )so it'll probably be next week or the following weekend if that suits? Could pop over some evening? Whatever really?

MR2 Fan

Anytime really mate, its all I do at the moment.

Morning to sort out paperwork and stuff like that, head down at about 12, stay till 6-7pm, then go for food and back usually about 7.30 when one of the other lads arrives. Stay till I either get too cold or get so tired its notwise to brandish an angle grinder

You let me know when you want to pop by and I'll try and make sure theres lots to see

Looking forward to tomorrow, its gonna be a varied day, some bodywork to do, a bit of mechanical mockup, try and fix my bike, and follow all that with a bit of suspension work on a spitfire. I have a feeling its gonna be one of those 12 hour minimum days.

the V8 unfortunatly is at another lockup at the mo

Yes the engine does intrude to the seat area

slag with heavy interior

V6 before rebuild and engine after rebuild (is fitted not on a stand now)

Looking sorry in the corner when it blew a head gasket, conveniently just after I moved into the unit

short vid (gotta love private estates)

and this is there

biggest jack we could afford at the time

and most of those pics are old now, its like a mini mk1 meet every day
    Can't find any pics of the rest of the 2's

MR2 Fan

Looks fantastic, I'll definitely be paying you a visit! Will try to get over sometime next week if possible, but my better half is due our second little one next week too! So it'll depend on the timing of that obviously!

I'm planning on bringing my car back from Ireland around the 12/13th April, so if things get a bit hectic after the baby arrives then I might have to wait till then before getting over to you. Will see how things pan out...

After many a while admiring the mk1, finally bought one today. A 1989 G plate Hard Top. Currently living nr Aberdare. Interesting in any meets/ summer drives.

MR2 Fan

Hi Steve,

congrats on your new purchase, a wise choice indeed! Any pics??

Unfortunately my car is still in Ireland & will in all likelyhood be remaining there until the beginning of August. Originally I planned to bring her back to Wales much sooner but due to unforeseen circumstances & a few hiccups with the resto, I've had to delay things.

My son plays football every mon/sat up in Aberdare, so when my car is back maybe we could meet up then for a chat?

Hi KMK11. Currently organising Tax. . The car has been off the road for while. The mileage reads 48k!!!!. I' m trying to parify if thats genuine. Pictures to follow by the middle of the week. I aslo need to source a new exhaust system. My car is fitted with a Cat., I'm thinking of changing the entire systen to a stainless system , made by Mongoose. What do you think?

MR2 Fan

I like the noise of the mongoose, had one on the white track slag. Thats being broken now tho so might be able to come to some deal if you were interested in it.