Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk1's in Wales

MR2 Fan

Mk1's in Wales

Just wondered if there are any others near Newport.

If not no worries I have enough mk1's lying about to have at least a 5 car meet everyday even if some of them don't drive.

Altho on that note My unit is on a private estate which altho its on an estate that has big puddles in places theres space about if people wanted to come down on a sunday afternoon for a meet as the main gates get closed off from the public (they'll allow all the 2's through tho)

good for a meeting point then there is easy access to the B roads up to Usk and Abergavenny then up through brecon if the mood was there.

MR2 Fan

Re: Mk1's in Wales

Hi Paff

I'm in Treforest & at the moment I've got 3 mk1's (one is in the final stages of restoration & is currently in Ireland with my brother-in-law, it should be finished in 2-3 weeks , another is in my garage awaiting restoration, hopefully in time for Summer '10 & the last one I'll be getting rid of as soon as I've stripped a few bit n pieces!).

Would love to meet up as soon as I've got a road legal Mk1! Usk-Brecon sounds great!!!

Mark

MR2 Fan

Cool, whereabouts in Treforest are you (drop me a pm if you don't want to disclose it on the open forum). I used to work in Parc Nantgarw and am up that way quite regular as am in a motorcycle club up that way.

MR2 Fan

I'm just off the Broadway down by the takeaways/pubs/subway/dominos etc

Not that I frequent any of the above!!!

I use them purely as geographical landmarks!

MR2 Fan

ah, I think I've seen the car.

Been a while since I was on the broadway but seem to remember a mk1 parked on a driveway once when I left my car there

Used to be in the club on the broadway on a weekly basis.

MR2 Fan

Hhmmm...

was yours a mica blue? I think I've clocked it a few times parked outside the club? I seem to remember (although very vaguely!) that it might be a mk1.5/6 or did it have a two brutal sticker or something? Cant really remember!

Which one of mine did you see? Got a white-over-silver 1a (in Ireland now), a black 1b t-bar (awaiting restoration) & a mica blue t-bar (for parts).

Next time you're passing give me a shout & we'll have a pint in the club! Or give me a month or so (my car should be back from Ireland by then) & we can have a pint on the way back from Usk-Brecon!!

MR2 Fan

Yep was a mica blue one, and was a mica blue I saw. That one of mine was a mk1.6, currently driving a stock (well stripped) mk1 while I rebuild it at the time the only thing brutal it had was the sticker tho slightly changed now

I'm up that way every Wed but am in a bike club based down by Bar Aqua now.

Hi.. I am new to this club and live in cardiff.. I own a road legal Mark1.. I visit newport as I have friends who live there... I have owned mine for 12 months now, its in good condition with only a few small trim issues to be resolved.. Reply when you have time if your interested in chatting.. cheers..

MR2 Fan

Always interested in chatting mate, finding the time is the issue usually

Spend most of the day down my unit playing (can't really call it work) with various mk1's, then spend most evenings and weekends there as well.

If you head to Newport to visit friends give me a shout, the units not far from there and theres a few different mk1's there at all times. You'll love the noise of the V6

Anything you need for the 2 give me a shout on that as well, I have a fair few spares lying about so might ave what you need, and if I don't Toyota prices might be reasonable on some of them with the discount I get.

be good to see your car, got so many in bits and the only road legal one I have (for now) is a little bit lightweight with no interior.

MR2 Fan

Rite, as soon as my car is back from Ireland I'll take her for a spin to Caerleon so you can tell me what you think?!

Also, cos I'd really love to see/hear your V6! I was toying with the idea of a PW V6 & wide-arch conversion for my black 1b t-bar but it was looking like £5-6k (V6, 4x wide-arch & full re-spray) & as much as I love the cars I'm not really sure I want to spend that kinda money on a mk1...I'm really hoping your V6 wont change my mind!!!

Getting back to the original topic...I'm working in Barry at the mo & "spotted" two red mk1's parked outside a house around the corner from the hospital...so theres at least a couple more mk1's in Wales!?!