Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rye Run Details

Re: Rye Run Details

If we don't have at least 8 names listed by Next Thursday, 2nd April we'll have to postpone the Rye Run. It's just not worth it with any less cars so if you are thinking of coming to this event put your name down.

1 Pistol Pete
    2 Ben Edwards
    3 Alan Cayzer
    4 Lee Beach

MR2 Enthusiast

why not rearrange it so we can go to the car museum? its a bit strange having a car club on a drive finishing at a motor museum but with no time to go in !
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

MR2 Obsessive

cos you would have to start the run earlier which would mean less people comming

cos most like a nice lay in. i personnaly far more interested in the car run than museum

but i think what kev has said is good feedback alan needs to know if peple are interested in doing a short run to somehwere like the museum or rather a longer run??

pete
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

MR2 Enthusiast

yep my preference is always to have a run to something. not just a run for the sake of it. as you know we went at christmas and had a good drive out. for me a drive, a lunch and an event is how i like it. others may not want this maybe have the museum as a mid point this gives a choice?
    mind you i dont know whats there, two cars and a bicycle might not be worth it !!
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

MR2 Enthusiast

Hi all

Sorry we are unable to attend this run , we are at Snetterton, Jinxy starting his Scrutineering that weekend

Have a good run

MR2 Obsessive

err.. thanks debs.. but now you said you cannot make it 2wice

does that mean 2 negatives make a positive
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

There will be time to go into the museum if you want. We anticipate arriving at the museum by approx 3.30 to 4.00pm. However, it's £6 to get in and there aren't that many cars therefore feel doesn't give value for money. It is also a wild life sanctuary so if that's your thing then feel free to go in.
    So Kevin, are you putting your name down?

MR2 Enthusiast

sorry no, its a long way to come in my SC at 20/25 mpg. i just dont have the spare cash for a 200 ml drive at the moment. it is a nice drive but a long way from me for just a drive.
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

Ok guys,
    Due to a lack of interest the Rye Run is POSTPONED until another time. It seems a shame to cancel it having spent so much time finding the route, where to start/finish etc etc.
    Thanks to Ben, Pete and Lee who put their names down for the run and sincere apologies to them and Mark whose idea it originally was. He is very disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan SE
    Ok guys,
    Due to a lack of interest the Rye Run is POSTPONED until another time. It seems a shame to cancel it having spent so much time finding the route, where to start/finish etc etc.
    Thanks to Ben, Pete and Lee who put their names down for the run and sincere apologies to them and Mark whose idea it originally was. He is very disappointed!
    Hi Alan and Mark, i'm very sorry to hear that but nothing i could do to be there, my car is Sorned but will hopefully be running again soon!