Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MR2 MK1 racing specials *piccies*

MR2 Newbie

Re: MR2 MK1 racing specials *piccies*

I remember seeing a period picture of a Panasonic sponsored Mk1, (though I can't find it anywhere now) if I replaced the Black car I would like to do a replica of that.

Piccy of the car ready for Snetterton in April

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by omracing
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2Terry
    Noice!!! I reckon the Castrol color scheme from the GT4 Celica rally car would go well too, and mayb the Denso SARD livery from the JGTC Supra too
    My old Rallycross MR2 had the Castrol green & red colour scheme, but it didn't really work trying to use stickers designed for a Celica
    Here's one of my old Rallycross car -

yeah i see what you mean i personally didn't think the castrol decals would work out, they would on a mk2 better but mk1? naaaah the little wedge is to boxlike for it, in my humble opinion

Gary Brown owned the Panasonic MK1, it won best moddified car at JAE in 2004, I'll have to have a look through my floppies for pictures.

MR2 Newbie

I think the castrol colour scheme would work well, but not by using precut decals designed for a Celica! Ive seen Starlets and AE86's with the Castrol livery done by signwriters rather than a bought kit which looked good and they are as boxy as it gets!

MR2 Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jimi
    Quote Originally Posted by SARAH
    and the next one soon to be finished my fav

watch this space i will post pics when done
    YOU LIKE???????????????????????????????????????

Lancia Stratos 2.4 V6, one of my favourite rally cars of all time, I'd have one in a heartbeat (if I had the money)
    One of only a few rally cars that are more beautiful than the Lancia 037

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MR2Terry
    I think the castrol colour scheme would work well, but not by using precut decals designed for a Celica! Ive seen Starlets and AE86's with the Castrol livery done by signwriters rather than a bought kit which looked good and they are as boxy as it gets!
    Just to put the record straight, this wasn't a bought kit. These were fresh stickers made from the originals of Tony Bell's Rallycross Celica. Tony originally built and raced this MR2 back in the late 1980's.

I used to race against Tony's son David and he very kindly just run off another copy of the stickers for me. As you can see the Castol, Michelin (I even run Michelin tyres) and Toyota stickers are in the correct place. I did try and place the green and red stickers in their original positions, but due to the shape of the car they didn't fit

So yes I agree if you get the Castol livery made by a signwriter to fit the Mk1, then yes possibly they might look ok, but I tend to agree with Sarah, I think they would suit the lines of the Mk2 better. Lets face it, some designs just don't suit all cars.

MR2 Lurker

As per Tiny.

how much for that Gulf paintjob?

It's stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestick
    As per Tiny.

how much for that Gulf paintjob?

It's stunning.
    IF YOU SERIOUSLY DO WANT IT?
    contact Stoner racing although at the min he is completely stacked out with work building mk1 race cars and mk2 turbo`s for the new series just for mr2 turbo`s the mr2 turbo cup, i am sure he could give you a good price if you do want it doing .......

stonermaurice@aol.com