Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest Full silicon radiator Hose Kits for the Mk1

Hybrid View

MR2 Enthusiast

Gauging Interest Full silicon radiator Hose Kits for the Mk1

Hi guys i was talking to a hosing supplier who makes hose kits for alot of different car companies inc a 4AGE AE86 set up after seeing a Kit they made on a friends AE86 and its Very good quality.

I gave them a ring asking would they be interested in making a silicon hose set (in a range of colours) for the Mk1 and they would be

Im gathering a full set of rad hoses tomorrow to send to them and that have said they will do a special price for the club once they have the Jigs set up which they said normally takes about a month to get right/fully test.

So Not sure on price but we are talking about £50-60+postage for similar kits with the same number of hoses. we can probably get the postage down by sending them to a few people who then distribute to local members.

What do you think

i think ive got a spare set og hoses .. but they have all been mixed up between my new mk1 and my old one ... any one got a drawing or a pic of what a full set is for the mk1 one and ill sort this out and try get the ball rolling with it ????

Quote Originally Posted by lukemk1 View Post
    i think ive got a spare set og hoses .. but they have all been mixed up between my new mk1 and my old one ... any one got a drawing or a pic of what a full set is for the mk1 one and ill sort this out and try get the ball rolling with it ????
    If this can help...

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_198...FW_1603.2.html

gives you a rough idea of the shapes

Quote Originally Posted by lukemk1 View Post
    surely One of the eBay breakers (not sure if they are on here) could wip a full set of hoses out of a scrapper in no time to get this sorted once and for all.

** Banned User **
    Someone asked me the other day for a full set of hoses as he worked for a company that make cilicone hoses. We agreed a price, but when i finally managed to get all the hoses off, i couldn't find his original email. I have now sent all the hoses to someone in Australia, so i will have to do it all again.

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    Quote Originally Posted by neiljones308 View Post
    Someone asked me the other day for a full set of hoses as he worked for a company that make cilicone hoses. We agreed a price, but when i finally managed to get all the hoses off, i couldn't find his original email. I have now sent all the hoses to someone in Australia, so i will have to do it all again.
    Neil Silicon hoses has been an ongoing thing for years, no onehas ever got it as far as production, I spoke to these guys a few years ago and they were willing to make a set from patern hoses, at that point Jo (mr2mk1chick) took the project on but at that time she was pretty (well she's always been pretty!) much doing everything for the club plus arranging her wedding, so it never got as far as sending a set of hoses off for estimates to production costs. Plan was that they were going to be available from the club shop, anyway waffle over contact these guys for a company willing to take the project on

http://www.goodflexrubber.com/

not a million miles away from you as they're in Worcester!
    Last edited by kevin..in; 20th June 2012 at 05:47 AM.

SFS will custom make them.

** Banned User **
    I've managed to contact the silicone hose chap, and he said he still wants to do them, and will contact me in a few weeks when he has less work on.

MR2 Obsessive
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

** Banned User **
    Just a quick update on the hoses. They are now with the manufacturer. I have taken them all off, labeled them all up, sent pictures of where they all go etc etc. They will take about 5 to 6 weeks to make.
    If you want any, please email me at mk1mr2@live.co.uk and i wil put your name, number and email address to one side and let you know when they are ready. I don't hols a grudge, but some members will be more welcome that others. They know who they are!!