Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: [ended] Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145

Re: Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145 a Set (Pg 4 on)

I'm also in two minds about this.
    I wanted to get the Superflex bushes down to an aceptable price, TBH I was wanting them for closer to £130 but £145 seemed acceptable. However, to agree a price and then change it when people have comitted as Fensport have done is just plain bad business. It's the principal rather than the money. I've been holding off getting them at the price they list on their site as I've been waiting for a group buy to come up, so to find out that that price is out by near enough £40 is very poor.

I'd heard bad thinks about Fensport Customer Services. I tried to order stuff once but couldn't through to them on the phone so shipped it from the States instead. All in all this has really soured my opionon of them. A Big for Fensport and I'm left wondering whether I want to give £160 to a company I feel doesn't deserve it.

On their terms and conditions:
    Quote Originally Posted by fensprout
    Prices: Please note that we reserve the right to change Product range, specifications and prices without prior notice.

MR2 Newbie

The problem I have is that like a fool I have removed some of the bushes already as I am restoring all my suspension. If I had not done this I would cancel my involvment now. As said its not the money its the principle, this situation is down right wrong. I'm going to have a look at my options but I really wanted the superflex, due to there reputation.

I think someone should speak to Superflex and tell them what a shower of s**t fennsport are.

Tiny, I hope this group buy doesn't go pear shaped as you have put a lot of effort into it, which is appreciated. If i do go ahead it will be my last purchase from these sharks. I guess jinxy was right all along.

NOT HAPPY.

MR2 Enthusiast

Ive said it for soo long now, but i'll say it again, i refuse to deal with Fensport, because, their prices are way too high, service is crap, telephone manner is appauling & rude & i will do anything not to deal with them.
    I also think ive mentioned before that Superflex will not deal with anyone direct, Fensport cut a sole distributor deal with Superflex to supply the Mk1 mr2 bushes so that no one else can, the reason being is that Fensport sell & order so many ( Hardly surprising seeing as they are the only distributors ) I knew this would happen, its happened in the past, but i actually though that because of the economic crisis they would deal differently, really hope they go bust !!! , Jinxy

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mk1chick
    On their terms and conditions:
    Quote Originally Posted by fensprout
    Prices: Please note that we reserve the right to change Product range, specifications and prices without prior notice.
    I accept that, it's normal practice to state it. But to agreed a price one day and change it the next is simply bad practice IMO. I'm not feeling any more positive about this as time wears on. I feel like I'm being mugged a bit Tbh!
    I've been looking online for overseas supplier, I'd be happy to wait for shipping and pay duty if it meant Fensport NOT getting my money, but it doesn't look like it's possible.

MR2 Enthusiast

The problem is that Fensport know a top quality item when they see it & you wont get much better than Superflex hence the reason they are the only stockists, thats why they can treat you like crap because they are the middle man for some of the best equipment available for the mk1 , Jinxy

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy *BIG NEWS*

Bit of a Result Adrian the Boss came back to work and they have sent me an email this morning.

Good morning Ben.

I have spoken to Adrian upon his return this morning, and we have agreed to give you 20% discount on your group buy as a goodwill gesture.
    Therefore, each kit will now cost £144.10 including VAT but minus carriage. Including individual carriage this comes to £152.44.

Extra insurance due to the value would cost an additional £4.95 + VAT.
    Whichever way would be more convenient for you,

Best Regards
    Tim

Bit of a Result

Good work Tiny!
    Still, I'm sure you could have done without the hassle.
    I'll get mine ordered as soon as I've had a chance to measure my ARB.

Just put my order in. I have to say they were polite and quick to deal with! No problems at the new price either.

I hope my ARB is 12mm! I did it on the basis that a 13mm spanner went on there easy, but there was no way an 11mm spanner was! Does that sound right for an 88 E plate car, or did they literally fit whatever they had lying around the facotry floor at the time?

MR2 Newbie

Great work Tiny and thanks, I'm sure the £150 extra they were going to get from us wasn't worth trashing their reputation. Will order tomorrow.