Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [ended] Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Full High and Tight Prothane Kits for the Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by cartledge_uk
    CAn I just say I (and others) have had no problem with H&T bushes, and I raced and track dayed on mine, they have been removed from the one car and put on another.
    Yeah i know Tim, but you dont use the car day in & day out, also have you had both Superflex & H&T on your car to experience the difference, not only in what the bushes offer, but the quality of the product ? chalk & cheese mate they really are, take for instance, H&T offer a Steel sleeve for the bushes, Superflex offer a Stainless steel sleeve for all their bushes, so you put them on your car, pass a bolt through the sleeve onto the suspension, 1 year later H&T bush wearing out because the bolt has now rusted solid onto the sleeve being steel hindering any future removal of suspension parts, now the only movement is between the sleeve & bush, the sleeve is rough due to the rust pitting on the surface, result is that the bush being softer than the sleeve is worn away, Stainless doesnt rust so the superlex ones go on doing their job thats why the H&T ones are cheap, in this case you really do get what you pay for. You cant argue with that Tim, this is not something ive made up in my mind its fact, ive been there mate , Jinxy

As a price has been set, this has been moved to group buys. Get your names down:

1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Jinxy Froude
    Hang on a minute, they cant just advertise a price & go oh er thats the wrong price, surely they have to sell them at the price advertised ( trades description etc ??????? ) poxy fensport, someone needs to point this out to them methinks , Jinx
    My trading standards law knowledge may not be up-to-date any longer, but, I'm sure it used to be (and may still be) that if a product was advertised at a certain price, the retailer must either sell it to you at that price, or withdraw the product from sale for 6 weeks. My mum used to be a trading standards officer, but I'm sure she just used to make up laws of her own every time she wanted to buy something on the cheap lol

I'll see how my bank balance is looking in a couple of weeks and see hwo the ride feels on the new car as well, btu I'm definately interested. when does this group buy finish?

Quote Originally Posted by russthedude
    My trading standards law knowledge may not be up-to-date any longer, but, I'm sure it used to be (and may still be) that if a product was advertised at a certain price, the retailer must either sell it to you at that price, or withdraw the product from sale for 6 weeks.
    Not so. This changed in the 1980's and it's a common misconception. Retailers are not obliged to sell you anything, at any price if they don't want to. After all, it's their stock, so it belongs to them until you agree a sale, only then is the contract of sale taken up between the customer and the seller.

MR2 Fan

changed in the 80's? time flies! Thinking about it, it seems like a lot of hassle to try and get them to give a decent (genuine) discount and not just extend a blanket offer that was available to all customers, even if just ordering one product. I've dealt with them before, and I wouldn't nominate them for any customer service awards. Wonder if it's worth talking to a supplier in another country. Am I right in thinking they are amde in Australia these bushes? would they ship them from there to the UK if we explain that their sole UK supplier is a pain in the butt? If not, I've got friends and family living in Australia who would take delivery and then forward on to the UK. just a thought, not sure if there's any difference in price though, exchange rates are grim at the moment.

MR2 Enthusiast

No such luck, ive been on the phone to Superflex in person in the past & spoken to the top guy, it seems that Fensport are the sole supplier for the mk1 bushes as they order in huge quantities & have some sort of contract with Superflex that Fensport will be the only supplier, Fensport then sell them worldwide, ive been up every avenue on this believe me, Fensport wont budge & neither will Superflex. So you can ONLY order from Fensport which is why they are so pigging ignorant over this, it seems they have the Monopoly & can charge what they like , Jinxy

MR2 Enthusiast

not to mention postage from OZ is likely to knock out any potential savings made

MR2 Fan

Quick question, has this changed to a list of people that want Supreflex bushes from Fensport or are we still talking about prothane bushes. I can get these for £85-£90 on a group buy.

MR2 Fan

I'd be interested in the H&T and in superflex for the right price.
    From my investigation: I suspect the H&T are made of a slightly different type of polymer and therefore the type of grease is critical to not breaking it down.

Similar to latex found in condoms dissolving in most oil based fluids.

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NDR008
    I'd be interested in the H&T and in superflex for the right price.
    From my investigation: I suspect the H&T are made of a slightly different type of polymer and therefore the type of grease is critical to not breaking it down.

Similar to latex found in condoms dissolving in most oil based fluids.
    Absolutely right !! the problem is that most of the grease is removed from the steel tubes a soon as they are pushed into the bush, because they are steel only, the Grease would have helped prevent rusting, the stainless ones on Superflex dont need lubing as such because they will always be rust free Your also spot on with regard to the material used to make the bushes, H&T ones seem to have a memory, i remember taking them off & finding that where some of the bushes twist as part of the suspension the bushes had in fact twisted too & remined in that shape once removed ive removed suspension components which have my Superflex bushes attatched & they bush springs back into shape instantly & shows no sign of being on there for the last 18 months or so... like i said, Chalk & cheese , Jinxy