Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [ended] Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145

MR2 Newbie

Re: Fensport SuperFlex Full Kit Group Buy £145 a Set (Pg 4 on)

Mine arrived today and I'm very impressed with the quality. Started to fit them to one of bottom arms that I have restored and I must say that the inner one piece bush was a pain and took all my engineering mastery of getting round something to get the dam thing in.

Eventually I used a motorcycle type exaust clamp to act like a piston ring compressor to squash the diameter of the bush down before pushing it in with the vice.

The old ones are also a pig to remove. I have found the best way is to cut each end off with a cutting disk in the angle grinder, then drill out as much of the rubber as you can then push the bush out using two sockets and the vice.

I think when I do the other side I may take some photo's and produce a fitting guide, just to make it a bit easier for people in the future. However I dont think I will be doing the others untill next week at the earliest.

A fitting guide would be great, as Ive not started mine yet. Any useful ideas would be appreciated.

MR2 Newbie

I'm taking some photo's at the moment so when I have finished the next side I will post something up. Should be next week.

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by richyrask
    The old ones are also a pig to remove. I have found the best way is to cut each end off with a cutting disk in the angle grinder, then drill out as much of the rubber as you can then push the bush out using two sockets and the vice.
    Burn them out a blowtorch is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crynox
    A fitting guide would be great, as Ive not started mine yet. Any useful ideas would be appreciated.
    A long 22mm socket is an essential to remove the front and rear tie rod nuts, an angle grinder, blowtorch (see above) and the patience of a saint.

Alan