Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

MR2 Fan

Re: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny
    Spud my only concern is we have to have 10 cars to qualify for our own Stand where as if we dont we just get lumped in with anyone Personally sharing our own individual stand with IMOC and a few Mk2s Who we know and ill happily vouch for are a good bunch. Where as we could end up next to the 1 litre chav my corsa Bass junkie weed smoker chav club for the day.
    Fair comments, Tiny, but I thought the idea for the mk1 club was to, maybe, be able to stand on its own a bit more. Let's face it, you are slightly biased because of your IMOC connections.
    I'm not knocking it, but lets see how we get on. We have ages before the cut off date yet and you never know we may get more takers. I also know Rob, the organiser, as well, so maybe be able to pull a few strings if need be.
    By the way it will be Yari (what is the plural of Yaris?) not Corsas. Its a Jap car show you know
    Is it Scott organising this over on IMOC?

MR2 Enthusiast

i wouldnt say biased more of a case of better the devil you know.

I think its Jaspa who is organising it over on IMOC.

MR2 Fan

Fair enough. Don't worry, I will give it another 6 weeks or so on here, then, if things still don't look good, I will get in touch Jinja and see what can be done. That still gives us 6 weeks before the close for applications. How does that sound?

MR2 Fan

Tiny, I think your right about this and I'm wrong. Having seen how Billing has turned out, I would be a fool to let this drag on when we have enough people over on IMOC to make up the numbers.
    I'm off to get in touch with Jaspa shortly, hopefully I will get a message off to him tonight.
    I will keep you posted.

MR2 Enthusiast

How many Mk1 attendees do we have guys who are defo interested in having a stand at this show ? just causious of jumping before the ship sinks if indeed it does, there is still a fair amount of time to go yet & although Billing has sunk i dont want it to look like we arn't gong to have any mk1 only stands at any of the shows up & down the country as its not good for morale, we need to promote this event more if its to succeed, im sure Deb will be on board in the next day or so with idea's & help , Jinx

MR2 Fan

Cheers Tony.

MR2 Enthusiast

5-6 as far as i can tell. I know there is about the same on the IMOC pages too. but we will get more further into the year it is August.

MR2 Enthusiast

Excellent guys, im still really keen to go with a mk1 only stand if possible, got no problem with pitching up next to IMOC, but think we really need to get behind the mk1 only pitch before we start looking to IMOC for help ..... again !!, cheers Jinx

MR2 Fan

count me in, i'll bring my car

(and if anyone wants to sell me a decent engine and gearbox we can all spend the day fitting it )

MR2 Fan

Hello All,
    Its about time to start giving this a bit more serious thought. Its not looking like as a club we are going to manage enough cars to arrange a mk1 club stand on it's own. I have been giving this some thought and wondered if we could organise it with the other major MR2 clubs, but then try and keep our own indenties once we were in there, on the pitch.
    I really would like this wrapped up, numbers wise by the end of this month, very early next. I'm going suggest this to IMOC and the MR2OC and see how I get on.
    I still think, with a bit of thought, this could work out alright.

Here's where I think we are at, at the moment, but if I have missed anyone, please stick your names down.

1) Spudgun
    2) Deb and Jinxy
    3) Wayne Duncan
    4) Tiny
    5) Russthedude

Cheers for now

Steve