Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

MR2 Enthusiast

Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

As you can see also got this and just managed to get round to replying and posting.

Anyone interested in organising?
    Do we have anyone down that way as an Area Organising?

Still getting to grips with all this

"Dear Rob

Ken Salmon has passed this email onto me and I will definetly be adding this to our Calendar for this year, really just getting to gripes with this organising stuff my-self as I am a relative new comer to the MR2 Mk1 Club. I will put feelers out to see if anyone is interested and I am pretty sure we must have an Area Organiser/Someone to take this task on, down that way.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further information as and when known.

Happy Motoring &
    Kind Regards

Debbie.
    DEBORAH WATSON
    NATIONAL EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR, MR2 MK1 CLUB.

----- Original Message -----
    To: DEBORAH WATSON
    Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:26 PM
    Subject: FW: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

Hi Deb
    Can you deal with this please.
    Thanks
    Ken
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: kensalmon@hotmail.com
    Subject: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009
    Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:14:36 +0000

Dorset Japanese Car Show – Sunday 2nd August 2009

Hi,

I am now able to update you with a couple of firm details!

The venue is booked and paid for so the event will be going ahead!

Due to a clash of dates with another Japanese show I have had to move the date for the Dorset Japanese Car Show.

The new and 100% confirmed and booked date is Sunday 2nd August 2009.

The venue remains the same as in previous correspondence, Canford Park Arena; I will forward full details to you in the very near future.

So far I have had around 50 clubs showing serious interest in attending so the show is shaping up to being a mini-JAE!

Please do feel free to contact me with any questions or queries or even if you have any ideas or ways you feel you may be able to help.

I very much hope that you will try and support this event and book a club stand to showcase your members cars as an unbelievable amount of planning has gone in to the show already and it promises to be a great day!

I don’t recall if I have mentioned this before but I nor any of my club staff will make any financial gain from the event and any profit that will hopefully be made will go towards making the event even bigger and better next year.

One thing I really need from you and your club now is an email address that I can use for all future correspondence as pm’ing via forums is VERY time consuming when dealing with just over 100 clubs!! (if I am already communicating via email ignore that bit!)

If you could reply to this message via email to djccadmin@ntlworld.com it would be hugely appreciated!

This promises to be a fantastic day out and as promised I will update you with more information as and when I can 100% confirm it!

If you would rather not hear anything more about this event then please email djccadmin@ntlworld.com stating which club you are from with the subject line: DJCS NO INTEREST.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and roll on August!!

Kind Regards,

Rob Edwards
    Dorset Japanese Car Club
    Email: djccadmin@ntlworld.com
    Tel: 07980 167892"

MR2 Fan

Re: Dorset Japanese Car Show - Sunday 2nd August 2009

I have met Rob a couple of times in the past (I attended a couple of DJCC events a year or so ago).
    He's a pleasent chap and it would be easy enough for me to contact him, if we had enough people on here interested.
    If we get some takers I could take it on, unless there are some others nearer who fancy the job.

MR2 Enthusiast

Aw thanks for that Steve

Early days, so can afford to wait to gauge interest, our diary is filling up fast it does sound quite a good show, we are planning to be in Wroughton that weekend for their Classic Car Show, but you never know.

Debs

PS Welcome on board for the Scotland Trip aswell

MR2 Fan

Cheers Debs.

Like you said we will watch it and see. I will send an email to Rob tomorrow to see when the cut off dates are and what the score is.

Cheers for now

Steve

Potentially I would be interested in coming to this. Cant argue with a weekend down in Dorset in August.

Await more info.

MR2 Fan

I have emailed Rob and had a response. There is no outlay for the club as far as pitch is concerned. You just pay per head, very similar to Japfest and the like.
    He didn't mention a cut off date but my email is now their point of contact so anthing I get will be posted straight away.
    All we need now is some punters

MR2 Fan

I have been sent a link to the shows website. Here you go.

http://www.dorsetjapanesecarshow.co.uk

In the club information it states that you need 10 cars to qualify for "club" status, otherwise you end up in the "mixed club" area. The price in advance is £6.50 a head, which is quite resonable by today's standards, and £9.00 on the gate.

Also the cut of date is the 4th of July for stand entry as well, which is still a fair way off.

Like I mentioned before, I'm up for it, if we can get a few of us.

Cheers

Steve

MR2 Enthusiast

This is Really worth a visit shame we cant camp the night before.

August in poole and the surrounding area camping could be quite expsensive.

MR2 Enthusiast

IMOC also have on their events page, maybe we could do a joint venture?

MR2 Fan

Hi Debs,
    It's a possibility to join IMOC, but, if I were being honest, I wouldn't travel over to Poole to join them if we didn't have an mk1 club interest, if you see what I mean.
    I'm still keeping an eye on this and I will bump it up from time to time, but Poole is still a fair trek for me to be the only attendee.
    Ta Ta for now.

Steve