Thread: Hi all

Hi all

Just a quick hi to all, recently bought my first MR2 from ebay on 23 dec 2008 as a spares repair, spent much of christmas chasing body panels, when I met Tony who had a grt pair of wings on ebay which I bought ,and collected the next day,along with some rear mud flaps, and a lot more information about the MR2b I had bought that has saved me a lot of time and cash not buying the wrong parts thanks Tony.
    So the car its a 1990 MR2b in mica blue, and is now staight with second hand front wings slam panel and the 2 spoiler panels either side of the front wings replaced , both bottom A posts have been welded along with a small hole in the n/s cill. Both rear cill to arch connectors and lower rear quarter pannel s have been cut out and replaced and the arches filled for the MOT so i can assess how much it fails on .
    Well it did fail but was happy to see it was a lot less than expected , wipers,horn (working but not a constant tone) slight blow at the mainfold downpipe joint and both rear ball joints shot .
    So having a brother who owns his own garage helps spent saterday 24th jan , repairing wipers horn and exhust , got new rear ball joints arriving monday and will fit them during the week hopfully then lil bruv will give me a pass for the MOT , yes my brother failed it but better that than drive an unsafe car.
    Im looking to have her on the road for feb 1st, then it will be a rolling restoration, with the hope of getting it into paint for May , keeping my flouresent yellow landrover though as my fishing rods dont fit the MR2, prob jusy as well realy it would only start to stink of fish

MR2 Fan

Re: Hi all

Hiya

Welcome to the MK1 World

Sounds like a good project you've got yourself there.

MR2 Enthusiast

Hiya Paul ( it is Paul isnt it im bad with Names ? ) great to be of help glad you got stuck in on the car, you'll be enjoying it in no time let me know if you need any help & hope to see you again soon, cheers, Jinxy ( Tony )

hi tony yes it is paul , happy to say the rear ball joinst are now done 40mins on the ramp , with air tools, and she's all ready for the mot on sat , bit multi coloured right now but hay rome wasnt built in a day and the yellow landrover need a new ignition switch, so might get to drive her on sunday fingers crossed, oh new kam belt kit going in too just to be safe .