Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enfield Pageant of Motoring, 23rd - 25th May

Re: Enfield Pageant of Motoring, 23rd - 25th May

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Jinxy Froude
    Kate...Nooooooooooo its a well known fact that we could have an indian summer either side of pageant weekend & have a monsoon over that particular weekend, there is no way i would even considder camping there, not even in a caravan i still awake in the middle of the night with flashbacks of JAE 2007 , Jinxy
    Jinxy you are meant to give everyone a positive attitued about camping, JAE 2007 was wet but we still had a good time. I won't be up for camping but at least give it a postive.
    My days of camping will be sorted with Lemans and JAE!

If it rains too much I can always sleep in the car. Oh wait, I forgot it is wetter inside the car than out. Ok, maybe I can take the mondeo estate and sleep in that. Oh wait the whole point is the MR2.

Well I am not camping on my own like a saddo!

MR2 Enthusiast

Friday and Saturday Night Camping for me Please with Sat and Sun at the Show.

When do you want Paying the £15

MR2 Enthusiast

You lot are mad with a capital M Steve mate it wasnt just Wet, it was bloody awful, besides how would you know you were pissed most of the weekend !! , Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny
    Friday and Saturday Night Camping for me Please with Sat and Sun at the Show.

When do you want Paying the £15
    Have i got it wrong again? the show is from the Saturday through to the Monday, as it is bankholiday weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Jinxy Froude
    You lot are mad with a capital M Steve mate it wasnt just Wet, it was bloody awful, besides how would you know you were pissed most of the weekend !! , Jinx
    The main thing i was there! I enjoyed my tent floating away but that was Jae At least i managed to find my car

I survived Jap Show Finale at Santa Pod in October and I believe I was the only MK1 who camped.

Was JAE 2007 worse?

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28
    I survived Jap Show Finale at Santa Pod in October and I believe I was the only MK1 who camped.

Was JAE 2007 worse?
    errr...... in short yes... MUCH worse, Santa pod = trickle, JAE2007 = Deluge !!! , Jinx

Jinxy,
    but you didn't stay on the Saturday night, that was deluge time. And it did not let up on the Sunday. My footwell got about 2 inches deep in water

Lots of cars fell off the actual road to Santa Pod. Almost amusing esp as they were not MR2s.

Anyway, I will camp at Enfield. If it gets wet I can always pack up and pop home (avoid my drowned rat look)

MR2 Enthusiast

I was there on the saturday night............. ok i was enjoying a curry with Debs, Pete Kyte, Alex, Nige & we did have nice warm, dry rooms at a local travel Inn but i was there , Jinx