Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BRITISH LAKES TOUR 2009 Sunday 1st March 2009 With Pictures

MR2 Newbie

Re: BRITISH LAKES TOUR 2009 Sunday 1st March 2009

Quote Originally Posted by waynestoyotamr2
    DevaMR2 - are you interested in coming, from Chester I presume?
    Wayne, yes I live in Chester but no I won't be coming. I'll probably be resting my small and weak mind.

LOL DevaMR2 - I get your point!!!

MR2 Obsessive

Quote Originally Posted by bill hulme
    As nobody from the northwest, Has put there names forward for the lakes tour, I will come on my own, anyway! what a sad lot we have in the northwest, small people and
    weak minds.
    will it be the same for Tatton park, if it is I will join another Club.
    bill hulme.
    I am not a member of the MK1 club but did attend Tatton last year, there were about 12 cars there all MK1's however at least 4 of those cars were non-member owned. I was considereing going to Tatton this year but as I am not into clubs (don't want magazines and all that) I won't be joining, if it is members only you will seriously limit your take up on events. I don't mind paying for events but don't want to join a club, I was considering the Lakes run but the message that comes across is non members can come but they are not part of the club, these are just my thoughts and I really don't think insulting people is the best way to increase interest

Looks like it will be the WRA for me in August instead of Tatton, shame

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 Forever
    Right lets clear this up,

the MK1 Club is organising a MK1 Club event for its MK1 Club members to the Lakes. If non MK1 Club members would like to attend in their MK1 with the aim of possibly joining the MK1 Club then that is not a problem. Members of IMOC with a MK1 have also been formally invited to join the MK1 Club on this MK1 Club event in their MK1, they will not be expected or forced to join the MK1 Club, but can if they like.
    Please see post above, you are more than welcome to attend in your MK1, this trip is an organised MK1 Club event, someone has to organise it at the end of the day, it specifically states that non club members are welcome to attend, where does it state that you have to join the club to attend?

coverco !!!!! your name is down as a member, if members care to look, it is number 50,
    strange if he is not a member who put his name there.

this is a reply that I sent to coverco as regarding his request for tickets to Tatton.

Hi ,tommy,
    As you might appreciate the free tickets are for members,
    two tickets ie may/august would pay for your membership
    if you think about the cost of entering the show, if we are
    short of members requiring tickets then there is a chance
    that one could be passed on.
    bill.

MR2 Obsessive

Quote Originally Posted by bill hulme
    coverco !!!!! your name is down as a member, if members care to look, it is number 50,
    strange if he is not a member who put his name there.

this is a reply that I sent to coverco as regarding his request for tickets to Tatton.

Hi ,tommy,
    As you might appreciate the free tickets are for members,
    two tickets ie may/august would pay for your membership
    if you think about the cost of entering the show, if we are
    short of members requiring tickets then there is a chance
    that one could be passed on.
    bill.
    Bill I am a registered member on the MK1 club forums, I am not a member of the MK1 club, there is a difference, I do forums but don't do clubs. Last year I got my tickets from Kirsty, I did tell her I was not a member and offered to pay but recieved the tickets FOC.

Just for the record here is the reply I sent Bill to which he did not respond
    "Hi Bill
    I realise it is for members only so I guess I will not be going. I will have to go to the WRA now.
    Regards
    Tommy"

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 Forever
    Please see post above, you are more than welcome to attend in your MK1, this trip is an organised MK1 Club event, someone has to organise it at the end of the day, it specifically states that non club members are welcome to attend, where does it state that you have to join the club to attend?
    The post you refer to does make it clear the lakes run is open to non-members, however if you read my post I was referring to Tatton when I stated the event was for members only. With regard to the lakes run I stated "non members can come but they are not part of the club" and then stated this was just how I interpretted Bills post I do hope that clears matters up

MR2 Fan

So are you going to come Tommy,
    bet Mikey would love it.
    I`ll even buy you Lunch
    & promise to drive slowly so you can keep up

Dave

MR2 Obsessive

Quote Originally Posted by bburn13
    So are you going to come Tommy,
    bet Mikey would love it.
    I`ll even buy you Lunch
    & promise to drive slowly so you can keep up

Dave
    Tempting lunch offer Dave although Bills burgers were the best, but as I said on Wednesday, when you braved the snow, I think I will go to the WRA. If your MK1.5 is ready you would definately need to go slowly for me to keep up.

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by coverco
    Tempting lunch offer Dave although Bills burgers were the best, but as I said on Wednesday, when you braved the snow, I think I will go to the WRA. If your MK1.5 is ready you would definately need to go slowly for me to keep up.

No worries Tommy,
    See You Soon
    Dave

MR2 Newbie

Sorry to be late on the uptake, but count me in for this.

My mate drives a Mk2, but as I see they're not welcome (good shout!) I'll persuade him to be my designated driver. At least that way we've half a chance of keeping up - I've only ever been on one drive-out years ago round Wales & the whole convoy had to keep waiting for me .... the shame !

Looking forward to it

Nik.