Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BRITISH LAKES TOUR 2009 Sunday 1st March 2009 With Pictures

BRITISH LAKES TOUR 2009 Sunday 1st March 2009 With Pictures

North East v North West

This Club favourite will run on Sunday 1st March 2009. If you haven't done the Lakes tour before then I can strongly recommend this brilliant run.

Details to follow soon. Could I guage possible interest in this one please.

Re: BRITISH LAKES TOUR 2009 Sunday 1st March 2009

Definitely in on this one!

I'll look after the north east sideof things, can you and Bill look after getting the north west there and between us we can manager anyone else from outside the the areas who want to attend.

How does that sound

Mr Tunnicliffe
    Mac
    Mr Woods
    Olie

Can we have your support for this one?

Bill Hulme will look after the northwest getting there
    come on the Northwest lets go, get your names down.
    Bill.

Sounds great! Can you tell me a bit more about it? How long does it last? Do I need to save up for a B+B (Travel lodge)?

Money is going to be very tight, so the more I know in advance the better.

This is a rough itinery with final details being supplied nearer the date. Mac and Micheal have provisionally sorted all this and I don't really want to steal their thunder for planning such a good day but I'v posted this to enable people to plan things like fuel costs and timings well in advance.

The Northwest will meet the Northeast Somewhere close to Penrith.
    a great run, and I mean great.

First leg will see us to Keswick, Braithwaite and the Whinlatter Pass, this is a circular route, along the Lornton valley to
    Buttermere, through Honister Pass into Borrowdale, entering Keswick for a stop (butty
    time) there is a cafe where we park, time for a chat and a cuppa before the second leg.

leave Keswick, heading east to all the way to Ambbleside, turn left onto unclassified road known as the Struggle to Kirkstone, down the Kirkstone Pass to Patterdale stopping at Pooley Bridge, stop in the pub car park, just over the bridge, for a drink before a short
    drive to Penrith M6 for the Northwest cars.
    This is a total of about 95 miles on this round trip, so add your mileage to Penrith and back for your mileage total, the northwest group will meet at a services on the M6 after J27 towards Preston and go in convoy to join up with the Northeast group.
    This is a full day trip and, thanks to Mac & Michael Sheavills, should be a truly
    great days driving with everone enjoying themselves. Bill.

Are the North West meeting at Charnock Richard services as normal Bill?

The North West meeting is at Charnock Richard services , on the M6 North of J27, We will then make a stop at Forton ( Lancaster) services North of J32 so Members will have a choice. Times will be published nearer to the 1st of March.
    Bill.

Thanks for posting that Bill, please don't feel this is '' my trip '' its not, its '' our trip ''

Anyone can post anything related to this trip as you feel, ideas for the run, do you like the proposed route, eating places, anything, its your forum.

I'll ask Mac to do the mapping again and to supply actual route maps so we don't loose anyone.

I echo Bills thoughts, this is a brilliant run, please note ALL club members are invited, its not just the northern regions, would be great to see some of the people from further affield.

If anyone wants to come and are coming a distance why not come up on the Saturday and stay at the Travelodge which is the meeting place on the Sunday morning.