Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Forum Style

Re: New Forum Style

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi
    Working OK for me on IE6 and FF3.03
    Much better Max good job
    Hmm, maybe it's just me and Mark. Both on IE7.
    Just tried my laptop (IE7) and it's the same as you said Lauren "only view your posts" & "view new posts" work. But I did find that if you use the links at the bottom of the page they all seem to work OK
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mk1chick
    mind you, it was growing on me.
    Apparently you're not the only one - it's still there if you want to use it though...!

Can we tweak the red to match the logo? (i know, i know, i'm just uber picky sometimes )
    Nope, it's something I intend to do. It's just it's an hour or twos worth of graphics editing when I could be doing something higher priority... I'll do it later on though.

I lke having the frame with the website in the background, otherwise you tend to forget there is a whole site out there. Imoc is an example of this, where you get so used to the forum, but with no obvious link you forget there is a website there too.
    keep it like it is imo, unless its hard to navigate or something. i like the quick links/tabs with the site being there.
    Technically it's proving to be a right nightmare. In terms of fixing peoples cookies so people stay logged in, etc. Also it's why the links don't always work properly - and why it's proving difficult for me to have links open in new windows etc etc...
    So it will be separate. However, I will be working to keep the clubs header with the weblinks on each page of the forum...

Looks better but now you can't click on board index... in fact the only thing that seems to work is view your posts & view new posts. Can't even navigate the forum.

Can't click on board index or the subsection titles which makes it fairly unusable in all honesty.
    Thanks Lauren. Looks like you've found the first bug of this design... IE... Grrrr...
    Problem is I don't currently have a Windows computer, so no IE, so can't test it. I've made a couple of changes, so if it's any better please tell me. Else I'll really investigate it further to find out what's causing it and whether any other forum has the same problem.

Cheers for the heads-up though!
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Newbie

Sorry problem is still persisting Max.

Sorry problem is still persisting Max.
    Okay - thanks.
    I have another idea, but it'll have to wait. Have had enough of computer screens for the day, (beginning to look like this ) so will try again tomorrow.
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

Max, if you need me to test in IE for you, give me a shout fella.

I thought I was going mental, but Lauren is right, the Board Index area has no links on it now, but the same wording at the bottom of the page works fine.