Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Japfest anyone? (now with a few pics & Video)

Re: Japfest anyone?

Our track mk1 will be there with Garrick, but i have to work

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by spudgun
    Quote Originally Posted by FossMan
    Oh yes, I remember now spudgun! you were going to fit my camshafts

No I'll deffo pop over and say hi and have a butchers at your car! I'll have my car too. Its going well now and I just fitted front discs and pads this weekend. Many many more jobs still to come but we're getting there.
    Hello Fella.
    I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do now on Saturday. I have found out today that we have the worst club pitch imaginable. It's about 2 feet away from the general car park, down by quarry that also water logs at the first sign of rain.
    If it looks like its going to be wet, I just won't bother going up and cut my loses.
    A bloody shame, but I can't be doing with that.
    LoL that Club plot sounds like a right shitter! maybe they don't like MR2s?

My thoughts on the weather are exactly the same. It has been raining all day today, which is getting me depressed 'cos I am looking forward to the show. I'm basically gonna decide on the day when i wake up whether to go or not.

If I am there I'll keep an eye out for your car.

Isn't that the plot the OC usually have?
    If so, its not that bad and I thought it's quite good for viewing the circuit etc - as Quarry is where most of the spins occur

MR2 Fan

Oh yes, I remember now spudgun! you were going to fit my camshafts

No I'll deffo pop over and say hi and have a butchers at your car! I'll have my car too. Its going well now and I just fitted front discs and pads this weekend. Many many more jobs still to come but we're getting there.
    Hello Fella.
    I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do now on Saturday. I have found out today that we have the worst club pitch imaginable. It's about 2 feet away from the general car park, down by quarry that also water logs at the first sign of rain.
    If it looks like its going to be wet, I just won't bother going up and cut my loses.
    A bloody shame, but I can't be doing with that.
    LoL that Club plot sounds like a right shitter! maybe they don't like MR2s?

My thoughts on the weather are exactly the same. It has been raining all day today, which is getting me depressed 'cos I am looking forward to the show. I'm basically gonna decide on the day when i wake up whether to go or not.

If I am there I'll keep an eye out for your car.
    Cheers Fella, I will keep my eye out for you.

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mk1chick
    If so, its not that bad and I thought it's quite good for viewing the circuit etc - as Quarry is where most of the spins occur
    They were there a few years ago, Jo, back in '96, I think. Since then they have been on what is reffered as "chippenham road" which is on the straight back towards the padock from Quarry.
    It was looking really promising as well, because the two clubs were going to have a joint stand but that isn't happening at the moment and we have been split up
    Rubbish, really, but there is a small glimmer of hope, I believe, on it being changed. Fingers crossed.

They were there a few years ago, Jo, back in '96, I think. Since then they have been on what is reffered as "chippenham road" which is on the straight back towards the padock from Quarry.
    It was looking really promising as well, because the two clubs were going to have a joint stand but that isn't happening at the moment and we have been split up
    Rubbish, really, but there is a small glimmer of hope, I believe, on it being changed. Fingers crossed.
    Oh thats
    i thought it was the plot that they (OC) had the last few years
    Was thinking the joint IMOC/OC stand sounded cool, but a real shame if they are split

The MK1 club had the best stand when we were there, the corner just as you drive in so all clubs saw the stand
    Shame no-one from here wanted to give it a go

MR2 Fan

Oh thats
    i thought it was the plot that they (OC) had the last few years
    Was thinking the joint IMOC/OC stand sounded cool, but a real shame if they are split

The MK1 club had the best stand when we were there, the corner just as you drive in so all clubs saw the stand
    Shame no-one from here wanted to give it a go
    I'm still waiting to hear back from my source if were on forthe joint stand or not.

Agreed on the mk1 club stand we had. I couldn't believe our luck on the day. We couldn't have chosen a better one if we had tried. Never mind though.

MR2 Fan

They sorted out the stands in the end. IMOC and 'OC were right beside each other although still down at Quarry. I was parked right next to Garrick in the end Jo.
    It wasn't the best site for a stand, to be honest, but the show has grown a LOT this year. What used to be the public car park last year had display stands this year as well, I think.
    It was windy and a bit wet at times, but a good day all in all.

I arrived at about 11, got in to the showground about 12 after waiting for an eternity (1 hour) in the queue that went back through all the local villages ("Tiddleywink" rofl)

Show was alright, bit lacking in atmosphere. Probably because it was all on the outskirts of the circuit.

Had a nose around the two MR2 stands. Saw spudgun (Looks imaculate! Has it been resprayed?) and Paffs car (Sounded great - lots of people staring in the engine bay when I walked past) then the hangover got the better of me and I wussed out about 2pm!

MR2 Fan

I arrived at about 11, got in to the showground about 12 after waiting for an eternity (1 hour) in the queue that went back through all the local villages ("Tiddleywink" rofl)

Show was alright, bit lacking in atmosphere. Probably because it was all on the outskirts of the circuit.

Had a nose around the two MR2 stands. Saw spudgun (Looks imaculate! Has it been resprayed?) and Paffs car (Sounded great - lots of people staring in the engine bay when I walked past) then the hangover got the better of me and I wussed out about 2pm!
    We had the same trouble at 8:20 this morning. I reckon the queue was about 1/2 a mile the wrong side of tiddlewink. It's never been like that before.

I would totally agree with you on the lack of atmosphere, though. It was too big this year.

As for my car, thanks very much for the comments and taking the time to come on over and have a look. It was resprayed about 7 years ago, but nothing been done in recent years. I wish I was there to give you a look around. We will catch up shortly though, I'm sure.