Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: JAE 2009 **Pics from P22**

Re: JAE 2009

Good thoughts here. Main problem last year was I think, no Mark 1 official gazebo to act as a focus and social meeting point. That's obviously easy to remedy, whatever arrangement is this year.

As soon as date is available we have to decide what's happening. Difficult to plan anything without that. With three organisers in South East and quite a few active members there that would be ideal team. We can split jobs and break up the burden.

MR2 Enthusiast

Andy !! there was a main focus Gazeebo... It was ours where all the cooking & beer drinking went on . In all seriousness we would have been hard pressed to bring anything else for that weekend apart from our own stuff for camping, we simply didnt have enough cars to share it between & if it wasnt for Debs 4X4 we would have been stuffed !!.So bringing a Gazeebo would have been ok.... if we actually had space to erect it & something to actually go inside it, regalia, membership joining details etc.

Michael, i really hope it isnt the 5th / 6th then , the week before we are in Hampshire Pageant with Limey etc, the week after we are with you guys in Scotland then, Oh hell somethings gotta give , never missed a JAE yet for the last god knows how many years & we simply cant miss the Scotland trip !!!! , Jinx

MR2 Fan

There have been murmerings of IMOC sharing a big tent with the OC this year and not bothering with Gazoobies. Basically having one big MR2 party.

You guys up for that? Obviously it'd make it more difficult for 'club identity' to be maintained but JAE doesn't have any public visitors any more, it's become totally a show for the clubs. So I personally don't see the need to advertise, everyone there pretty much knows about the various clubs.

MR2 Enthusiast

I personally dont have a problem with that at all, i think its a great idea,. it will encourage clubs to mix socially, i know a few from both Oc & loads from IMOC, but we always end us saying at the end of the weekend, "sorry didnt get chance to chat", this will help balance that out a bit & make it easier to organise especially if we all know what our role is within each club, then bring it all together for the weekend, getrs my thumbs up , Jinx

MR2 Fan

I have a plan but will need to get a pencil and paper to work out the fine details.

I think we may need a bigger pitch this year.

MR2 Enthusiast

Im really hopeing it isnt the 5/6th Sept as there will be a few of us that wont be able to make it, we have the Scotland trip that weekend & all the accomodation has already been booked well in advance , Jinx

Is it just me or have the post's background gone white now?

Love the idea about the huge marquee, certainly will as Jinx said unite all MR2 enthusiasts, whats the record for the largest gathering of MR2 at an organised show.

We need to know the dates ASAP so I can get in touch with Shane and see if the Scotland trip can be put back a month to the beginning of October.

Deninately need a bigger pitch, our own field would be nice with a sea view, and no toilets next to camping, man that was rank!!!! I papped myself thinking about it....

MR2 Enthusiast

I'm all for mucking in, under one big umbrella, Just keep us informed Chris and shout if you need a hand

Keeping everything crossed that it is the 1st week September, don't want to jepordise Scotty Trip, October not good for me, need more w/ends in a year, boy do I struggle, manager already off then at work

MR2 Fan

It's looking like we won't be at Mersea this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Limeymk1
    It's looking like we won't be at Mersea this year.
    The last post from "fuggles" seems to suggest it could be anywhere at any time.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/in ... wtopic=881