Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JAE 2009 **Pics from P22**

JAE 2009 **Pics from P22**

Here Debs, I couldn't post to your 2009 Calendar thread - thinks it's locked or something.

Anyway, don't think you've included JAE in August. Forgive me if I've missed something but are the Mark 1 Club attending? If so, I imagine it would be a pitch solely for the Mark 1 Club without an association with any other Clubs?

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: JAE 2009

No, sorry missed that one off, waiting to here confirmation of date? unless it's known already?

Didn't know if we were going under the "DON'T SHOOT" imoc banner BUT have our section like OC did last year, do think it's nicer when we are ALL together.

I did here a rumour that Max was interested in helping to organise our side of things, but haven't spoken to him yet, as I think he is a little tied up at the moment and I'm pretty sure Scott Barton will be orgainsing from his 'side', and as he did a stupendous job last year, why break someting that works, as long as we keep our own identity within the village I can't see why we can't all live under the 1 roof?

I for one will not be there the whole time, this year as I have no holidays left, already used up on Le Mans Trip and Scotland Run, haven't even got any holiday left to take my Brownies away , have to throw a few sickies me thinks

Enough of me waffling what do other poeple think?

Thanks Debs. Doing very quick search just now I couldn't locate date. No doubt someone will find out and post here shortly.

I think Mark 1 Club should go in with IMOC again. Scott did an incredible organisation job last year. That hog roast was brilliant. Also, it reunites the Clubs again a bit more following recent problems. It would be good move by Mark 1 Club showing gesture of reconciliation.

Just as long as Mark 1 has a gazebo and banners this time within the area.

Why don't committee approach IMOC on this?

Not least, combined pitch would make life easy for me if for any reason I still have this dreaded Ford Probe model.

I agree the MR2 villiage was a great success and it was excellent to have all MR2 and its enthusiasts together in the same area, I also agree that IMOC did an amazing job over the weekend, I for one certainly enjoyed the event and the roast hog!!, however this year more than ever we need to re establish our own identity as the MR2 MK1 Club, we got more stick than you would imagine for the lack of prescence by the MK1 Club at JAE 2008. Now for this year we have the opportunity to showcase our Club and our cars within our own capacity and truely show our members what the MK1 Club is all about.

Its important now that we stand on our own 2 feet, I organised JAE in 2003 and 2004 within the MK1 Club ( well before forums ) and it wasn't unusual to see 50+ MK1's on the Club stand, we did this through our own organisation and dedication and didn't need the services of an external facility. We need to get this sort of spirit back.

For JAE 2009 I really do hope the organisers can create the MR2 Village again and combine all of the Clubs together, ROC, OC, IMOC and TB, would make a spectacular weekend and atmosphere.

MR2 Enthusiast

Yep i agree with both Mike & Debs here, i for one would like to see an mr2 village where we have IMOC one end, OC on one side, ROC the other side & the Mr2 MK1 club the other end with all the cars in the middle, this way it brings everyone together, But we need far more support than we had last year from the club members, as soon as the date is announced i feel we should get onto arrangents asap & get a list of who is going from the Mk1 side so we know pitch sizes etc, then i feel that Max or whoever is organising it should get together with the other club organisers so that we work as a team to make the most of the weekend, just my 2p worth, Jinx

Yea spot on Tony, its all about our great clubs coming together and working as a team to showcae the MR2. I like the idea of having all the cars together in the middle forming an ''arena'' of MR2's.

Andy done worry there will be at least 3 official Club gazebo's there this year, flags, banners etc.

You can bring the MK1 and the MK2, double wammy!!

I hope that the MR2 Village continues, as this was my idea that i got off the ground in the first place. It took a lot of liasing with the other clubs to start with so would be a shame to go backwards.

Initally the village was so we could 'pool' resources (as well as a better social evening), as each club only had a few gazebos etc, and it also meant costing things like the hog roast worked better in greater numbers.
    Now the MK1 club is moving forward we will be able to show a great presence on the Village.

As there was no organiser from the MK1 side for 2008 (i already was stepping down, and Jinxy couldn't do any more after the pre-site meet) imoc offered to carry on and organise the rest for us too. many thanks there.

MR2 Enthusiast

Well not stricly true Jo, we got there on the Thursday late morning, once there Limey, myself, & Debs took over the proceedings & managed to get the few mk1's that did turn up a parking space & organise the Judging for the cars with the help of Malcolm ( Tiamat ), so eventually it was a team effort. One thing i am keen to see again is the judging taking place on the Saturday with prize gining on the Sunday, this worked well even with the few cars present & will work better with a good deal more cars so we can get it out of the way before the Saturday night entertainment, Jinx

Jinxy who was appointed to organise JAE 2009 for the MK1 Club, was it you and the SE boys?

MR2 Enthusiast

Well the details were a bit Sketchy, Jo did contact me to ask if the S.E organisers could host it, this was in May which didnt leave long, the S.E organisers were none too happy as it has always been seen as a national event rather than a regional one & felt it too much for one area to take on at such short notice with no help from elsewhere coming forward, so we treated it like an S.E event & hoped for the best, fortunately for us we had a reletively small turnout & most of the hardcore organising was done by IMOC otherwise we would have been out of our depth big time. I really hope this doesnt happen again this year & hope we get the full backing of more members & area orgaisers, last year was a joke as you full well know, Jinxy