Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tatton Park May 30th/31st Classic&Performance Show (Camping)

MR2 Newbie

Re: Tatton Park May 30th/31st Classic&Performance Show (Camping)

Thanks for a great weekend.
    Nice to meet everyone.
    Posted some pics on FlickR:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hybrids...7619058772948/

regards
    Gareth

Well that was a fantastic weekend!

It's the best event of the year and by a long way in my opinion. The atmosphere, the beautiful surroundings, the fantastic cars on show, the lack of "boom boom boom" brigade, the company, sitting around the campfire in the evening, etc etc etc it's a much more enjoyable event than JAE in my humble opinion.

Well done to Jon and Bill (and also Neil on the MR2DC stand) for organising everything, a sterling job done by all

It was great to see everyone, the old crowd and also a load of new people I didn't know.

There's another event in August and I highly recommend this event to anyone that hasn't been before. Please book your diaries!

Tatton was ace
    I haven't been to a show in ages, and now i've remembered what i've been missing.

the weather seemed to have ben ordered by GOD it was soo good
    the MK1's on the stand were an extremely good turnout, and very high standard (made our track car look like a real nail.

It was ace catching up with everyone who i hadn't seen in ages. nice campfire onthe friday & sat
    no hangover which was

will post up more whn i get home from work, and hopefully some pics

thanks John & delegates for putting up a great stand

Great day out at Tatton Park - our local venue lovely array of cars and of course lovely people - I do love keeping up with old faces - sorry Bill me old mate - and lovely to see new faces I hadn't met before - we got as near to you as we could - our tail of the roadster to the tail of a Mk1 - great - see you all in August or sooner - me thinks I must look in my diary - and Jo will you get your hubbie to change the colour of his hair please so I don't get him confused with my Steve

Lovely to see you all.

take care

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pam - MR2 Only
    Jo will you get your hubbie to change the colour of his hair please so I don't get him confused with my Steve

Pam
    LOL - out of the corner of my eye, i got them confused once too

Just too say, thanks again to all on the stand, you made Jack (my son) and I feel very welcome It was a brilliant show and brilliant weather

Just one thing, mr2mk1chick you say....

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mk1chick
    the MK1's on the stand were an extremely good turnout, and very high standard (made our track car look like a real nail.
    My car (the Black MK1a) is by no means perfect, and for me personally, whilst it is great to see "show and shine" cars, I actually prefer looking at used and "cosy!?" cars that people use on a regular basis. On one stand I saw a tired, but obviously loved ford Anglia 105E, complete with a different coloured patch of filler over the headlight bowl. My childhood came rushing back to me as I remembered a shopping trip with my Dad getting back into our tired old Anglia, a real high point of the day for me, and well worth the trip to the show

I guess what I am trying to get at is, don't worry about the state of our cars, different things appeal to different people!

One thing that Jack said made me realise this more than ever, he had noticed that the MR2 stand had a steady stream of people coming on to have a look/chat and even some to have a sit in my car, while the Ferrari stand, was almost empty of people, I can only assume that people were too scared/intimidated (myself included) to ask for a closer look.

Anyway thanks to all who organized the event!

A great weekend had by all!

It was good meeting some new faces and chatting to some great people! A nice turn-out of MR2's and well done for the 2 prizes (1st and 3rd in Best Japanese Sports Car) that we got.

The campfire was good and I managed to be part of the last men and women standing both nights, 4am and 5am.

E-type Jag's were two-a-penny! I remembering hearing the tannoy mentioning something about the TVR stand at 3pm but thought it was a raffle or a lost child announcement. Only when I saw a video on youtube I found out they'd done an orchestral start-up en masse.

Cheers to Tommy for the much needed bacon butties in the morning and to the people that complimented my car, even though it was hidden at the back.

I'll hopefully make the August one as it was an excellent show.

I'll post pics up later, just going to take advantage of the weather to do some car work this afternoon.

A lot of memories and funny moments throughout, too much to write about everything. Oh, and Bill, you're a legend with your pearls of wisdom and stories of time since past.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyzdad
    Ferrari stand
    What Ferrari stand?... Oh, you mean the fake ones with the Italian flag's and owners wearing Ferrari T-shirts.

To be fair the classic replica's looked okay, the Daytona one particularly, and the Countach was nicely done.

Cheers again.
    Tom

Yes i loved the show aswell (the best ive been to so far in the MR2!) including the weather that played along all day (i also managed to pick up an black MK1 MR2 'turbo' model for 5op from the autojumble which is a bonus . So i would like to say thanks to everyone at the stand as there were ALOT of MR2's there and everyone there was friendly .

Here are some pictures i took yesterday (sorry i did not get a pictue of everyones individual MR2):

Thank you
    Jack

MR2 Obsessive

There are some great pictures there Jack, my son and I searched for MR2 models on every stand but never found any, you must be an eagled eyed collector

Think everyone has said any thing i would have written so i will just say a big thanks to everyone for making me feel at home.

Will make a note that if i am up this way in May or August in the future will meet up with you all.

John and Bill did a great job as has been said by everyone.

Thanks again to everyone

From

Martyn
    The oldest Plymouth member of the Mk1 club