Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meets near Coventry

Re: Meets near Coventry

How about the harvester in Coventry (Allesley), It's near the closed down Browns lane Jaguar factory?

The Elms
    Birmingham Road
    Allesley
    COVENTRY
    CV5 9TZ

Click me for a google map view

They have a nice bar area, and a resonable sized car park.

Well the existing midlands meet is just off j22 m1 - have you been to that?
    (see other thread)
    It seems silly to run 2 midlands meets as it just spilts up a small area?.....

Well for me, which is why I started this thread, I wanted a different sort of meeting.

There was no intention of trying to replace or split up the Midlands meeting, but for me, I just want to go to a pub (or similar), once a month, after work, in the evening, and just chat about the cars etc.

The Midlands meet is too far for me, and as my work is so busy, TBH is not really what I am looking for.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my posts, hopefully it is now

If I am in a minority of 1 for feeling like this then that's fine, but if not, is anyone interested in the location I mentioned?

If I am doing anything wrong and have missed the etiquette of arranging meetings then I apologise, should I ask people to PM me instead to keep this thread private?

Hiya Matt

there is no problem at all trying to get another meet set up - go for it. there is no set ettiquette.
    I didn't realise that you had said that the other meet was too far or not what you wanted.
    I personally don't get chance to make the monthly meet either usually, as i often am away places at weekends.

cary on and see if you can get a list of people interested. I can't committ, but others may

MR2 Fan

I'd be up because I find myself in a similar condition. I work loads and don't afford to drive much over the weekend. So Boyzdad - I'd be up to be part of a Coventry meet.

mr2mk1chick I will try make some midlands meets. The way I see it is NOT splitting up the small group but rather, people like myself who are only planning to meet a few times at the mids meeting, I know will still be meeting those few times for the midl. meets but also in addition meeting more often at the Cov meets.

MR2 Newbie

Hi Matt,

I'd be happy to meet up at the Harvester, I don't actually know the one you mentioned but I could soon find it. I know the one on the A45 at Finham (opposite the Peugeot garage) but Allesley is further up the A45 going out towards the M42 isn't it? What side of Cov do you live on? There's also Geoff who was interested and he's in Rugby so I maybe that would be the wrong side of Coventry for him? If we new where everyone was thats shown an interest we could try and find a middle point but I haven't got a problem with Allesley myself.

Steve.

MR2 Fan

I am west of Coventry (close to the inner ring road) CV5.

Great, it seems to be coming together The Harvester I mentioned is near(ish) to the Morrisons and retail park, not too far from the town centre (ring road).

If you drive from the Morrisons retail park towards the A45, you come to a large roundabout, it's the 2nd exit (I think! maybe 3rd!) from there, if you take the turning to go to the Browns lane (shut) Jag plant..... you have gone 1 too far

I am up for meeting somewhere else, if anyone has any suggestions that would be more central for all of us, please shout! I live more Bedworth way, so I don't mind

When we all know were we are (geographically), we can get a meet sorted..... the next problem/issue will be when!

MR2 Fan

I agree, I think we should all meet up and after the first time, figure where it is best to meet the next time. ^^

MR2 Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NDR008
    I agree, I think we should all meet up and after the first time, figure where it is best to meet the next time. ^^
    That sounds like the best way foward to me