Thread: Guildford Meet 8/2/09

MR2 Fan

Guildford Meet 8/2/09

Ok I know it's mainly an IMOC/OC meet but you chaps are more than welcome.

For those that haven't been on one before we meet at the Spectrum centre in Guildford http://www.guildfordspectrum.co.uk/content/view/14/31/ at 11:30. We aim to leave at about 12:00 for a drive down the A283 to Petworth, then accross the A272 to a pub called the Seven Stars for lunch. It's a good giggle. It'd be good to see some more Mk1s there.

IMOC linky:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=110256

Edit: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to shuffle.

Re: Guildford Meet 8/2/09

Would love to go but there isn't much chance of getting her on the road by then, and it would be quite chilly without a roof

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Guildford Meet 8/2/09

Man up with some flying goggles and ya thermals

im gonna be there always a good giggle!

4-5 mk1s so far on the imoc list be nice to outdo the Probes in numbers for a change

Re: Guildford Meet

is this kind of meet happening this year

MR2 Newbie
    Hi, sorry to bother you but I am in France and need to possibly re-register my car in UK, as French do not recognise the Mk1! Is there a garage/MOT station in the south who knows Mk1's and could do any work re getting it tested etc. I would like ideally to ferry over, get it looked t to see if it needs anything or testing, and if necessary leave it with someone in safe hands whilst being done! Have you any help or suggestions please, he is a 1985 model.
    Appreciate anyone in south of he country as I am from N.W.
    Cheers, Cliff

MR2 Newbie
    Hi anybody? Any thoughts please on my last message, re getting MOT, any repairs done in the South of UK? Sorry difficult trying to sort out from here, and I need possibly to leave the car in a secure undercover place until I can return to pick it up! Any help would be appreciated,
    Regards,
    Cliff

Hi i am new member my wife and i love our little mk1 we would like to meet up with other owners i drive my one the hole year round great fun .We live in Alton in Hampshire look forward to meeting new friends

Regards
    Graeme & JUlie

Hi Graeme & Julie,
    There is the Kent run on 14th April. Starts at Ashford with a round trip of 60 odd miles. See upcoming events. You could make Ashford in 1.45mins so not that far and is a really good day.
    Hope to see you there