Thread: Your Club In The North East

Your Club In The North East

Anyone here from the North East area, Teesside, Durham, Newcastle, Wearside ( Not allowed to say Sunderland ) North Yorkshire, Northumberland.

My name is Michael Sheavills and I have been running the North East region of the Club since 2002. I had a 2 year spell as National Events manager and managed to balance running both national and regional events. At the moment I am the Clubs Treasurer and Membership Secretary.
    We need to kickstart the region this year and where better than to get talking than on here, so this topic is officially the North East thread, well for now until we get the regions sorted. The North East was one of the 1st regions to be set up and it all started back in February 2001 when we met for the 1st time at a pub in Durham for a social meet, the location was the Church Mouse on the A167 between Durham and Chester-le-Street. In our hay day we would regularly see over 20 members attend the local meets and drives out and we had an excellent community club spirit between ourselves, we even had our very own North East track car! Unfortunately people moved on, sold their MK1's, got married and had kid's etc, you get the picture and members started dwindling. Well its about time we got ourselves together and give it another go, lets bring back the glory days. So the question is, are there any North East member's on here? and would you be interested in meeting up locally? I'd really like us to build a good MK1 community here in the NE, just like the good old days.

Lets chat........

Re: Your Club In The North East

Mmmmm so, do we have anyone on here within the NE region.

Don' be shy!

MR2 Newbie

Hello Michael wa hay the new Mk1 forum looks cool, yes lets hope we get some new members in the north east and arrange a new meet!!!
    Cheers
    Paul

I really hope we can pull this off Paul, as yet I've had no response, I know there are a few members, don't know their names or who they are personally. There are a few people been in touch over the past year from the area with MK1 related issues but I'm not sure if they ever joined the club.

We'll see...

i'm up for a local meet!

Nice one scott, see post in other NE thread.

If you are passing down the A1M Durham way pop in and you can have your members pack, will save me posting it.

Cheers