Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Billing Aquadrome 5th to 7th June 2009

Re: Billing Aquadrome

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 Forever
    Billing was where it all started really back in 1996 when the club held its 1st National meeting there attending JAE which was organised and ran by Billy Wells from the Toyota Enthusiasts Club. JAE in the early days was a more traditional, classic events and consisted of many smaller classic Jap car clubs, Datsun Z Club for example.

Billing Aquadrome in Northamptonshire is a wonderful family facility with camping space, lake, canal, walks, fairground and general recreation, perfect for a relaxing club get together. Oh and I haven't even mentioned the 2 pubs!

http://www.billingaquadrome.com

I would say the purpose of the event is basically to unite together as a club in our own capacity and hold a relaxing, fun, social BBQ weekend. I would imagine we can get into the nitty critty and possibly organise the following:

Hog Roast for the Friday or something similar
    Fancy dress party theme for the Saturday BBQ night
    Awards for best catagorised MK1's on the Sunday ( judging Saturday only )
    Bring and buy stand
    Swap shop
    Regalia stand
    Membership joining area along with info about the MK1 Club
    Technical workshop session hosted by Paul Woods / Jinx / Kev 2pm-4pm Saturday
    T and K spares stand

We could invite other affilliates and possibly MR2 Only, anyone else got other ideas or suggestions.
    Wooopeeee something else to attend

Pam
    MR2 Only Mag
    www.mr2only

MR2 Enthusiast

At the moment favouring I'm favouring July, altho could be a Brownies w/end. June date not so good as Jinx possibly scrutineering at Silverstone, I know quite near, but I don't fancy pitching me tent at Billing then up mega early on the Sunday to strike camp and away to Silverstone then dash home Sunday night to prepare for Le Mans, BUT this is just my opinion, will go with majortity vote

Club Technical Advisor

I would love to see a return to billing michael,we had some great times there! count me in.

Whatever, wherever. I'm there.

If mr Evils ,Wayne and mr Woodsy are ther, i will be there

MR2 Enthusiast

Hi guys & girls

Just a little update on this event, as thought I'd better ask a price and this is the reply I got;

"Less than 50 campers guaranteed and a reserved field solely for your Club's use is £100 plus Vat

Alternatively should you consider a field share with a small club the area reserved is then FOC. We are just trying to get away from vast areas seconded for Clun usage but the turn out doesn't justify relegating campers.

Other than that there is no additional costs until we get to larger shows which then generate extra facilities being drafted in such as additional toilet blocks etc."

Extremely good value , me thinks for a weekend of camping, fun and frolics......

Yep agreed £115 for the weekend pitch with 50 campers, can you ask them if there is a supplement charge if there are more than 50 tents.

Only problem is when, we need to get the date sorted ASAP.

Don't forget the Silverstone Classic is a National event and its on the date mentioned in July.

Ok we can't do July, August or September this ony leaves June, it's not ideal with Le Mans the week afer but it's only going to affect the following people:

Jinxy / Deb
    Pete Kyte
    Steve Kingsnorth
    Wayne Duncan ( yes you are coming! you not getting out of it that easy )
    Michael and Joanne
    Ki Williams
    Karl and Bev Windsor
    Peter Hartley

It might mean a little more organising ourselves but I've done this before, in 2004 we did Tatton Park, 3 day show, then packed up and drove to Le Mans on the Monday, was no problem at all and loved the idea of a show and a spot of relaxation before they mayhem of what is Le Mans

Guys whats your thoughs as we need to get a solid date organised soon so we can pull together our resources and help Deb get it off the ground.

I am up for it any time sounds great come on lads and lass's and others lets put the club back to where it should be,
    Bill.

MR2 Enthusiast

Michael, i spoke to Jo yesterday regarding this, if we stay & camp over on the sunday night at Billing, we can then make our way back to debs on the Monday morning, drop anything you dont need to take to LeMans at Debs, we can also collect stuff for LeMans we didnt need to take to Billing & we can then make our way to Maidstone, you can then collect your stuff on the return back home after LeMans , let us know what you think, Jinx
    Anyone else going to LeMans could do the same thing & have a hooooge convoy down to Maidstone