Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

Re: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

hmm...
    12x £40 =£480 for garage
    ~£500 for stand equip
    6 x £90 = £540 van rental

Year estimate = £1520!!!

Perhaps not a realsitic goal for 6 shows, and thats before any other costs.

plus someone to drive rather than take thier mk1 to a show....
    It was hard enough to try and get people to take a gazebo to a show (which fits in a MK1 front seat well)

Why not try and utilise what resources we have: 4 good quality gazebos, 6or more flags
    these are great for all shows, apart from nec where indoor just the flags area needed, plus stand display stuff.
    It would be a shame to see stuff wasted

Jo you really need to start thinking a little bit bigger and start being a little more positive instead of dismissing every bloody thing

£1500 for 6 highly prestigious shows throughout the year is only £250 per show, a wise investment in my opinion, and this is just for the 1st year, once we own all the equipment the costs will be reduced. Whats important to the club members is that we invest what they pay through membership back into the club and that the members benefit from that. Whats the point in having £12000 sat in the club bank when it could be invested in this very thing.

We can still use the flags and gazebos, I'm not saying to throw them away but the club is gong places this year and we need to start thinking outside the bubble, 2009 is the year we place the Club back on the map and to do this we are going to have to spend some money wheather you like it or not.

Mik - I have already stated in this thread that I think this is a MUST for the club. Regardless of whether our cars are worth the value of a Ferrari tyre or not!!

Lets assess the costs and decide how we wish to approach it.

If necessary we can do like what we do on the NVFC forum and start a "Goodwood Fund" with a thermometer and an aim of say £1000 or something? We can invite donations and keep people updated on our progress - these things are good for uniting people!

2009 is the year to push this club forward so lets make it happen!

Debs - can you contact Goodwood and find out the exact costs?

Wayne as sales and marketing how would you like to best showcase the cars and club at this event, you already know how I feel about this. Can you approach Stuart and determine a budget for this show. Attending Goodwood could possibly be one of the most important events for the club in 2009 with the aim of investing towards it in 2010.

Yea Debs please find out the costs and any other info you can get on the event, I'm sure if we need to borrow a van there will be someone out there who has one and would be willing to help, lets pull together our resources and make it happen. Maybe TOYOTA might have some exhibition stuff we could hire or borrow.

How did the DC get that TOYOTA hospitality stand at JAE a few years back.

MR2 Enthusiast

Can't promise anything, but will what I can do, as I said ealier, quite happy to attend this year, but not necessarily organise, back at Brownies and Rainbows as well this week, so my only free week nights are Friday's, and can't always do personal stuff at work.

I will be attending on the 3rd. Yes its expensive, but it isnt that far from me (Im in East Sussex).
    Ive been a member of another car club for years and to be honest we did look at doing a stall on it however in the end just parked together in the car park and put some info in the windows. From that we had a fantastic responce and got a fair few members because of it.
    The only ones we used to do which proved worthwile was the Bromley pageant and Uxbridge show which was always very good.

MR2 Enthusiast

Looked on to web site and filled out enquiry and got the info as below, also asked for costs:-

"Festival of Speed - Exhibitor Enquiry
    Every summer, the Festival of Speed opens its gates to around 150,000 passionate and affluent motor racing enthusiasts in the biggest event of its kind in the world.

The knowledgeable and enthusiastic visitors are typically in their mid-30s with young families, and are keen to get involved and take home lasting memories of a great day out, plus the odd souvenir or ten from the 220 plus exhibition stands that successfully, and repeatedly, attend the Festival every year.

There are 2 types of space available:
    ‘Space Only’ or ‘Shedding Units’. The Space Only option comprises of a grass pitch measuring a minimum of 5 x 5 metres. Please note that any marquees or tents must be plain white. Gazebos, easy up, coloured, striped or market type coverings are NOT acceptable. The Shedding Units are pre-erected, undercover units and have a frontage of 3 metres and a depth of 4.5 metres. Each unit includes power and signage. These units may be applied for singly or in a block (up to a maximum of three) as required.

Goodwood’s policy for the exhibition site is that products should be Motorsport or Motorsport related. If you would like further information, please complete the form below, ensuring that full details of your product are included.

Festival of Speed - Exhibitor Enquiry Form

Thank you for your enquiry."

Haven't done accommodation yet, please be patient wiv me

Regardless of cost, it doesnt seem like we will get much for the money.

Shall we just meet down there this year and see how it goes?

MR2 Enthusiast

Are you suggesting a "one dayer" Wayne ? or two dayer, camping over somewhere ?, Jinx

Yea definately, we were just bouncing ideas around, the main thng is that we get to attend, would be nice to have the Mk1 all paked up together on a nice piece of Goodwood grass, can we bring our own grass, its cheaper from up north