Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

Re: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

I'm in, I've always dreamed of attending the Goodwood Festival, wanted to do this one for years.

BTW who cares what other people think about our cars, it makes no mater to me, its not about what they are worth financially its about the club getting involved in a very high pofile and prestigious event. I would love to see maybe 10 beautifully presented MK1's there and I honestly think the cars and club would attract attention, these cars are extremely iconic and are becomming more and more popular. Put us next to the Ferrari OC, Bentley OC, whatever, it doesn't matter they are all cars, value is in the eye of the proud owner

If we need to fund this ourselves, ie £500 and we get 10 cars, its only £50 per car to have a stand, however I'm sure the Club will contribute.

Keep the dream alive, think BIG, the sky's the limit

I'm now slightly ashamed of my previous post I like the spirit!!

To be fair, people won't be expecting to see a load of mk1s there. My dad went to the revival last year and said he was getting almost blase about all the dream machines by lunchtime

Mr Edwards - shall we pencil you in for attending then!?

MR2 Enthusiast

i never thought of it in that way. a club stand cost could be split between us and we could all end up with a good deal. brilliant.
    still need a good stand though. anyone know an exhibition hire firm ?
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

Yeah pencil me in! You won't want my car on the stand though...

We need to make it happen, who wants to voulenteer to get the ball rolling

I cannot commit to being the main organiser as I have Le Mans to organise but I'm happy to consult and help out before and during the event.

A few phone calls, emails and possibly dare I say it, a letter to the organisers should see this off the ground.

I think we are talking £500 for the stand if memory serves me correct. If we can get 20 cars on the stand then it will only be £25 each. If we are exhibitors does anyone know if we still have to pay general admission which is extremely expensive.

My goal is to get Damon Hill sitting in one of the MK1 as he actually raced one in 1985 in a one off race at Brands Hatch with 9 other MK1's.

I would be attending anyway so would be happy to actually attend as a club member rather than random member of the public. Not sure I am up to organising it though as far too many other commitments at moment and wouldn't want to mess people about and not deliver. But you can count me in as attendee. Will start drying it out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 Forever
    I think we are talking £500 for the stand if memory serves me correct. If we can get 20 cars on the stand then it will only be £25 each. If we are exhibitors does anyone know if we still have to pay general admission which is extremely expensive..
    More like £500+Plus the unrealistic cost of exhibition material/ stand, which i pointed out would be the expensive part to make the club look anyhwere close to in keeping with the expensive club exhibition stands there.
    It may be worth getting something suitable for many big shows, such as the NEC etc. But as with the flags and gazebos, no-one could even be bothered to bring one to JAE, it means the logistics of getting a stand paid for and then brought to the show needs to be considered to, not just a cheaper way to get 10 cars and entry to the show.

Ben, of course your car will be welcome!

Your name is on the list now mate - its too late!

As for the entry fee or whatever it is, I will donate £50.

Wasnt the Jinx looking into these car display things? Maybe he has some info?

Wayne as Sales and Marketing guru don't you think this would be a good opportunity to showcase the Club, bollocks to fancy stands and exhibition equipment, like I said before thats not what its about. Would it make sense to invest in some professional exhibition equipment that could be used for this very purpose, whats the point in keep hiring it all the time. There are at least 5 BIG shows in the year where it would be use

Tatton
    JAE
    Silverstone Classic
    NEC
    Goodwood

Just to name a few, we need to consider storage for all the equipment, would it be possible for the Club to rent a small garage near Stuart where we could put all the Club equipment in, normally £40 per month rental costs. All we would need to do for events is hire a van. Around the Loughborough area would be perfect as its central and near a few of the committee.

It really is all about how we want to showcase the club, thoughts