Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

Re: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

Well whatever gets decided as a club I think we should look to attend, even if its just 5 -10 of us or something?

Well I'm definately going either with or without a Club prescence, Wayne it might be a good idea for us to do a recce for the big one next year, bit of a dummy run if you get my drift.

MR2 Enthusiast

I'll let Deb decide what we are doing !! Just how many weekends are there in any one year !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28
    I love the revival but I don't think they will be particularly interested in a 1980's car.
    I don't think either FoS or the revival would be interested in our lovely cars.
    TBH an £1k eighties 2-seater with the kind of cars there - we would look cheaper than their tyres for goodness sake!

I agree. There's no point throwing money at a club presence at Goodwood, we would be completely overshadowed by far more affluent and glamorous clubs and I doubt the club would gain anything at all. I think a lot more would be gained from a club presence at other events where we can expect a good mk1 presence and an audience of people likely to appreciate them.

Like I said above. Even if there is no official club presence (ie. a stand or whatever) then I know there will be 8-10 people from the Mk1 Club going anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by waynestoyotamr2
    Like I said above. Even if there is no official club presence (ie. a stand or whatever) then I know there will be 8-10 people from the Mk1 Club going anyway.
    That's by far the best idea. If you all drive in together you will get parked together, and the club presence will be kinda there thb. You could even fly a club flag or something too maybe? Or at least leave flyers on the cars to help promote the club. [thumbs up smilie]

Well, I am in.

Debs - can we look into camping costs?

I understand the Hotels in and around the Goodwood area get booked up in some cases years in advance.

Who else is in? Its one I defo want to do in 2009.

MR2 Enthusiast

Yeah wouldnt mind Debs organises my yearly events Calendar now, so its down to the Gov , Jinx

MR2 Enthusiast

And as I said, it's my birthday w/end, I ain't organising NOWT. I want to be treated for a change!!!!

SO THERE