Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

Details coming soon.

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Goodwood Festival Of Speed August 2009

Date for this is 3rd to 5th July, according to web-site, defo for this, altho my birthday w/end so need a volunteer to organise, I wouldn't be up to much apart from drinking!!!! LOL

Re: Goodwood Festival Of Speed August 2009

It's really expensive to attend and about £500 for a club pitch but we have been talking about attending this magnificent weekend for years, I feel 2009 is about we popped our Goodwood cheery.

Stu, can we have £500 please for our pitch....

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 3rd-5th July 2009

this is a major national event, more prestigeous than the NEC in my mind. there are some pro`s and cons for me.
    pros.
    the best organised event ever.
    superb cars and racing legends
    lovely setting
    something for every type of car nut.
    cons.
    its bloody expensive
    too many people make it a bit of a cattle market
    elf and safety gone made at the track means limited visability
    a club stand would need very serious planning and a massive improvement on our normal gazebo and banner approach

i would love to have us here but when i attended there were no small club stands. it would need a very thorough investigation before any commitment was made. I was campagning for a club presence a few years back but i dont realistically think we are ready.
    what does everyone else think? has anyone else attended recently?
    it may be different now . i have not been for a couple of years.
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

I love the festival of speed, second only to the fabulous revival. I would be willing to help. I would be going anyway so happy to combine with the club.

MR2 Enthusiast

Certainly something we could do for 2010, as it will be the 25th anniversary of the mk1 in the u.k ? & it will give us time as a club to save some cash depending on how ell the club does in the next year, Jinx

MR2 Enthusiast

Kateg28 only 3 miles !! my god.

whats it like now? when i went all the stands were very high tech and obviously expensive. 2010 could be a major land mark to aim for. silverstone that year could be a biggy as well.
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

May be 3 miles but I did catch him lurking in my tescos

Actually it is very handy to have someone so supportive of the MK1 so close especially as they are identical colour. Gives me a benchmark to aim for.

At the festival some of the stands were very high tech but they were from the major manufacturers and suppliers (the BP one was memorable as was one of the ICE stands). However there were a lot of the less high tech ones which were just a marquee and some vehicles. I remember the kit car magazine stand, autocar magazine stand and an XK120/120/150 restorer stand were like that. I do agree with Jinxy and think the 25th anniversary is an excellent opportunity and gives us something to work towards.

MR2 Enthusiast

thats good to hear , things must have got a bit more "grass roots" or maybe it was just the year i attended.

keep this one quite but ... he lurks very well !! much better than he makes tea !!!!
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

MR2 Enthusiast

Bo%@*cks Kev i make very good tea, just cant be arsed to do it actually it was Kate who was Lurking :P , i actually walked past her & thought Mmmm i know that face & had a senior moment until the lovely Kate came bounding up the aisle towards me & asked if i was Jinxy ? another senior moment ensued because i thought she asked me if i was Kinky ? Tesco's Eh ! , Jinxy