Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silverstone Classic July 24th-26th (buy tickets b4 end june)

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Silverstone Classic July 24th-26th (buy tickets b4 end june)

Talk about last minute.....

We are now in the MK1, it is finished (just a few holes to weld )

Can we cram it all in... of course we can, see you all tomorrow

MR2 Enthusiast

What a superb weekend guys !!!, sun, cars, drink, food, Mk1's & loads of friends...... what else could anyone want ??.

Friday afternoon we met up with Mike & Jo sheavills & Bill Hulme at the Lakeside camping area close to Silverstone circuit in the village of Whittlebury, we quickly set up camp & after a quick chat & opening of a few bottles of cider, we headed off to the circuit on foot to watch the evenings entertainment in the form of Toploader, Blue, & the Pussy cat dolls ( where's the Drool smilie when you need it ? ) Michael said the walk was only 10 mins ( note to myself never believe a thing Michael says ) it was more like an hours trek across fields, farm tracks & over gates etc before we got there !!, when we arrived we were confronted by the biggest concert stage youve ever seen, we quickly found a good viewing point which just happened to be next to the VIP area & Joanne spotted brother & sister act "Same Difference " from last years X Factor, Michael then spotted Shane Ward again from X Factor & Debs spotted John Altman AKA "Nasty Nick" from Eastenders & Jason Gardner one of the Strictly Ice skating Judges, there were a few other familiar faces there that we couldnt put a name to, anyway we watched Blue for a while & then came The Pussycat dolls who put on a very good show.... especially for the lads , it started to get cold so we headed back to the main entrance to hail a cab to take us back to camp, none could be found until one pulled into the main entrance, so Jo ran over to ask if he could take us to camp, but he was waiting for someone, so we rang around a few numbers to no avail, then we saw Same Difference ask the driver if he was for hire too, but they were turned away Jo then went back to the driver & managed to pursuede him to take us to camp. After chatting for a while we all crashed out for the night.
    Saturday the cars were polished & we headed to the circuit & onto the club pitch for the day where we met, Max, John, Ken, Richard Brett, & Stuart Goodacre, Stuart & Chris Kynoch & a few other familiar faces , Michael & Jo took part in the Retro run for most of the morning so the rest of the day was spent looking at the classic race cars & doing a bit of Autojumble shopping & watching some classic racing, we also spotted some formation flying from 7 classic planes overhead in the afternoon.
    Sunday we met a few more faces at the circuit & most of the day was spent chilling out & photographing cars & then watching the cars who took part in the retro run do their lap of honour around the circuit, Bill Hulme kept us entertained as usual , it was a fantastic weekend & i would urge anyone who has never been before to attend this event in the future.
    Just a few pics of the weekend cheers, Jinxy

Pussycat Dolls do their stuff.

Shane ward was heard to be over the moon that he had his picture taken with the legendary Jinxy

Flypast

I'll have 2 please sir

& one of these for my gardener too

Bill Hulmes tidy mk1

We know Bills eyesight is bad, but he said this was the prettyest bird he'd seen all weekend..........we didnt have the heart to tell him she was plastic

MR2 Enthusiast

Well what can I say, absolutely shattered now, but what an awesome weekend, this is just such a top show, as above shows

Great pictures Jinx

Fantastic weekend, it had everything, superb classic motorsport, an amazing car show with the most unbelievable cars I have ever seen, myself and Jinxy found ourselves drooloing over a Ferrari Enzo in maroon for ages, sorry girls ! What a fantatic display of Ferraris, you name it they were there, F40, F50, 348, 360, 308, 328, 355, 430, Dino's, amazing to see them all lines up.

I completed the retro run on the Saturday morning, 100 miles through supeb roads of Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and Northampton, after the run I got to do 2 laps of the Silverstone circuit.

A must for next year !!

Pics later

Michael

Nice pics Jinxy, looks like a good'un

Moved to past events.

Looks like an ace event as usual. i really missed going this time.
    LOL at some of the pics.

Nice turnout of MK1's. and looks like the club was given a much nicer pitch this time round.

Its always amazing at how many ferraris actually are all in one place.

Its nice to do a few parade laps around the circuit, but be assured its even better at full speed in the mk1 round there on a trackday
    SIlverstone GP is ace

At Spa circuit we met Rowan Atkinson who had whizzed over straight from racing at silverstone classic - i guess he was racing in his E-Type. They arrived at Spa after their artic got there with a lovely D-Type, E-Type, and Lister