Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG Apple Tour - 4th - 6th September 2009

MR2 Newbie

Re: BIG Apple Tour - September 2009

Hi to all

The Scotland trip is now official. The dates are as follows:-

Friday 4th, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th September 2009.

For all those that wish we will also have a meal in Huntly on the Thursday 3rd September 2009.

A convoy will be coming North on Thursday 3rd September and picking up people en-route.

The trip this year is as follows:-

Day 1 - Friday

Leave Huntly, Aberdeenshire and follow the A97 through Rhynie and Lumsden to Mossat where we will continue through Glenkindie and join the A944 through Strathdon. At Corgarff we will join the A939 over the Lecht mountain range to Bridge of Brown and join the A95 at Spey Bridge. We will then cut onto the B970 upthrough Nethybridge and coylum Bridge to the Cairngorm Mountain Range and Loch Morlich where we will stop for lunch. We are then going down the A9 through Aviemore to Inverness over the Kessock Bridge to Tore. We will then join the A835 through the hills and glens to Ullapool, our first stopover.

We will arrange to have an evening meal and refreshments and enjoy the hospitality of this lovely fishing village on the west coast.

We will be staying in various B & Bs in Ullapool and cost will be just under £30 per person depending on where you choose.

Day 2 - Saturday

Leave Ullapool on the A835 and follow the A32 past the Falls of Measach, this will follow the breathtaking north-west coast of Scotland taking us through various small towns and villages to Gairloch. We will continue on the A832 to Kinlochewe where we will join the A896 to Shieldaig. We then take the coastal route through Kenmore, Fernmore, Callakille and onto Applecross where we will stop for a bite of lunch and banter at the Applecross Inn. In the afternoon we will travel the famous Applecross Pass which has some of the most breathtaking views at the peak. We will then rejoin the A896 through Loch Carron and Stromeferry down to Kyle of Lochalsh. Here we cross the Skye Bridge through beautiful mountains and glens on the A87 to our stopover in the Islands capital of Portree.

Here we will have our evening meal and refreshments and enjoy the local facilities of Portree. We may even manage to meet with some of the locals for a small ceilidh like last year.

Accommodation will be in B&Bs in Portree and will be approximately £30 per person.

Day 3 - Sunday

We will leave Portree and follow the A87 to Broadford where we will then take the road to Elgol. This is one of the best roads I have ever travelled with fantastic views and hills, mountains and glens to behold. We will then rejoin the A87 and follow this back past Loch Duich and the famouse Eilian Donan castle through the Five Sisters and onto the A887 to Invermoriston. We will then follow Loch Ness and the A82 to our last stopover in Inverness.

Evening meal will be enjoyed in the Snowgoose next to the recommended accommodation at the Travelodge.

If you have never been in Scotland this is likely to be some of the best scenery you will see in the Uk.

It is normally very popular and we do have to restrict the numbers to around 15 cars due to the geographical area, accommodation etc.

This has proved very popular over the last 2 years with many people returning for both years.

We have the following people already fully booked:-

Shane and Susan
    Mark and Christina
    Michael and Joanne
    Jinxy and Debs
    Bill and May
    Andy & Crystal
    Ali & Fran
    Allan Welsh
    Steve & Chan

These are all booked in so far.

People who have also said they will attend and are arranging accommodation are:-

Frogge & Celina
    Pete Hartley
    Starr family
    Carl and Bev

If you wish to attend this trip please let us know and we can provide details of the various accommodations that we would suggest that you book for the trip.

We will provide details of meal stopovers etc shortly.

Look forward to seeing you in September.

Shane and Susan

MR2 Newbie

Re: BIG Apple Tour - 4th - 6th September 2009

Shane and Susan you have done another great job with the route The last two trips were superb and this one looks like its going to be even better . There are Still a couple of places left, so if you want to drive the most scenic roads in the UK get onto this one You wont be disappointed.
    Bill

MR2 Enthusiast

Oh Yes! We are definitely on this trip, so much so, it starts on the evening of Tuesday 1st September for us

With all our accomodation booked !!!

Such a great trip, you really shouldn't miss it

MR2 Fan

Shane has been kind enough to keep me informed by email of whats going on, and were definately coming along. As soon we know what accomodation to book I will be doing so.

See you all there

MR2 Newbie

Steve i have emailed you re accomodation so get it booked up and you are now on the list.

Look forward to seeing yourself and Chan in September for a weekend of great roads and company, Good food and Beer and traditional scottish entertainment.

PS - Bring the kilt

MR2 Newbie

Think i should post up a quick update as the numbers are growing quickly. Not much space left now

People Attending and Accomodation booked

Shane and Susan
    Mark and Christina
    Michael and Joanne
    Jinxy and Debs
    Bill and May
    Andy & Crystal
    Ali & Fran
    Allan Welsh

People who have also said they will be attending and are arranging accommodation are:-

Frogge & Celina
    Pete Hartley
    Wayne
    Starr family
    Carl and Bev
    Fred & Doris
    Steve & Chan

Shane

MR2 Fan

Hillview is booked now as is the Travelodge.

Just two more to do

MR2 Fan

The other two are now booked as well

See you all there

I am booked on this aswell (TWIN with Pete Hartley!) What do we need to do to book rooms etc...?

MR2 Newbie

Hi Wayne

I heard you were intending coming along

Nice to have you and looking forward to meeting you.

I have sent you a PM with the accomodation you need to arrange.

Get this done sooner rather than later and give me a shout if you need anymore help with it.

Please let me know once you are all booked so i know where there is accomodation left etc

Shane