Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: layout

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent

Re: layout

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymax
    Kevin,
    I'm in my mid-20s and I'm struggling with the main site... if that makes you feel any better? The text on there is definitely too small.
    And I also find I struggle with dark backgrounds on forum pages as I tend to work mostly with bright pages so get glare for a few seconds when switching between windows.
    So, don't think you're being a nuisance. Your points have been taken on board and when i get a chance, I'll try to sort them out...

BaT - I have the same issue as well and it's on the to-do list as it's annoying me a bit too. It'll not be sorted until I do the colour scheme though - at the earliest - as they kinda go hand in hand.

Cheers guys.
    cool
    i'm aware it will take a bit of snagging before its all OK
    otherwise bloody brilliant job

I am pulling together a "January 31st" review of the website as we speak.

It means we will go back to the professional and ask him to modify a few things, it means we are not just up-loading this site and disappearing for 5 years. We are committing to it.

The size of the font is top of my list.

Also, I want the front page to be a headline page. Whilst I think the front page in its current format works well as a "Welcome" page, it needs to contain club news going forward.

Any other feedback about the WEBSITE is welcomed. I am noting it all.

Wayne.

BaT - I have the same issue as well and it's on the to-do list as it's annoying me a bit too. It'll not be sorted until I do the colour scheme though - at the earliest - as they kinda go hand in hand.

Cheers guys.
    Max, I think the problem is because the forum is a page within the website?

Hurrah, i'm in

I don't have a problem with the white on black forum layout - I quite like it actually but not enough to get upset if it is changed so long as clarity is maintained. I haven't done the site tour yet so cannot comment on the text size issues. I did find registering a bit awkward due to yellow text on a yellow background in the boxes though.

I would humbly request a clear indication of what forum topics you have already read be added as this would prevent me inadvertently revisting threads. I would also like the site to make full use of my shiny new 24" widescreen monitor but I am aware that that is on the 'to do' list.

F.Y.I. I am using Firefox v3.0.1.

Great stuff guys, thanks to everyone who has worked on this site or assisted with previous attempts to get us a new home - you have all contributed to where we are today

I'm off to rejoin the club at last!
    Punish Your Machines
    '76 Citroen CX Pallas
    '88 MR2 T-Bar
    '13 Citroen C1
    '15 BMW M235i
    '19 Honda Civic Sport

MR2 Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by System-G
    I have an issue with the scroll bars... There seem to be verticle & horizontal scroll bars on the forum as well as my browser which makes it very difficult to follow.
    I think it's because the forum is not hosted on the mk1club url, it's remotely hosted on amactive.

Another thing that would be dead handy is seeing the post history when replying.

Quote Originally Posted by System-G

Cheers guys.
    Max, I think the problem is because the forum is a page within the website?
    Garrick, that specific problem, no. But the forum being a page within the site is resulting in a number of other issues and is a pain at the moment. For now I'm just putting sticking plasters where I can to try to get stuff working. At some point I'll have to sort this properly.
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Newbie

Hi there, great improvement with the website, but another vote here for a change of background colour please.

the black background is really hard on the eyes, especially when people start using 'similar' colours in their messages, eg the blue text

Ideally, if you could add some extra templates to your installation of phpBB, then we could all choose the one that suits us, and everyone's happy

oh, and the extra scroll bars caused by the forum within a website is a right PITA too
    probably harder to fix tho

In general great work tho, well done, a definite step forward

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus_UK
    Ideally, if you could add some extra templates to your installation of phpBB, then we could all choose the one that suits us, and everyone's happy
    Hi Nimbus. That's exactly what I'm planning at the moment but I cannot currently access the directory to install a new style. Once that technical hitch is overcome, then I'll stick another style on as the default style.

oh, and the extra scroll bars caused by the forum within a website is a right PITA too
    Yes, but I have an idea on how to do it... We'll try to sort it when we can.

Thanks though!
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Newbie

Yes, but I have an idea on how to do it... We'll try to sort it when we can.

Thanks though!
    Seems fixed this morning !

top stuff