Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: layout

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent

layout

is there any chance of altering the font size & also the background colour
    while i understand both that it is early days and that you (we) the club wants to make an impact, i am finding some of the site unreadable also I have only been browsing for a short while and I now have a head ache
    I will return but I can't stay with this layout

Re: layout

I don't have any problem with the font size, I think it reads perfectly. Kev what do you mean about the font size, which particular font, is it all of it and is it too small?

Please let us know, can't have anyone having headaches reading it, I've been on here for 5 hours and I'm ok although I haven't got anything up there to hurt!

lots of it is way too small
    all of the sub heading on the home page for instance
    I am now struggling with my eye sight and have to wear glasses for reading
    the black background and tiny font is too much for me I can't view it for too long without causing strain
    if it stays this way ( I know its early days) I cannot be a regular user
    I want this site to work! at the moment is isn't working for me

Ok Kevin, thanks for that, we will get Max onto the case urgently, safety 1st.

thanks mike
    it isn't just about me nor safety
    if you read the thread on IMOC there were 2 others who agreed with me on font size!
    bottom line is I want this to work I want to be here and be part of it, I'm certain its just teething troubles and it will all be fine eventually
    coincidently it was trying to read (unsucessfully!!) a take away menue printed in yellow on black in tiny font that lead me to the opticians last year

The font on the main pages and tech parts is pretty small, on the forum it seems OK ( for me)
    The main killer for me is the colour scheme, its affecting my eyes as well

apart from that and some size issues that I'm sure you are aware of, the site is looking pretty good

Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Kev, are you referring to the main pages or the forum?

I agree that the colour scheme on the forum isn't great. I will look into a replacement scheme as soon as I can, possibly with a view to writing a Mk1 Club specific one from scratch later...
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

while the main text i.e the posts on the forum is readable (just) anything else is just too tiny
    the main pages for me are mostly too small and i haven't been able to read much of it
    possably when the page size is altered as per other threads this may be better
    I am stuggling with the black background though, oddly more so than a light one it seems to cause eye strain while you would think the opposite way round would be the case
    hopefully I am being helpful though i do feel like I must be a pain in it after all the work done to get here
    it would be interesting to hear what other older members think its a sad fact that past mid 40s any your eyes start to give in

Quote Originally Posted by jimi
    The font on the main pages and tech parts is pretty small, on the forum it seems OK ( for me)
    The main killer for me is the colour scheme, its affecting my eyes as well
    apart from that and some size issues that I'm sure you are aware of, the site is looking pretty good

Jimi
    I'm with you Jimi
    its been a long time coming and after ironing out a few wrinkles its onward to the future

I have an issue with the scroll bars... There seem to be verticle & horizontal scroll bars on the forum as well as my browser which makes it very difficult to follow.

Kevin,
    I'm in my mid-20s and I'm struggling with the main site... if that makes you feel any better? The text on there is definitely too small.
    And I also find I struggle with dark backgrounds on forum pages as I tend to work mostly with bright pages so get glare for a few seconds when switching between windows.
    So, don't think you're being a nuisance. Your points have been taken on board and when i get a chance, I'll try to sort them out...

BaT - I have the same issue as well and it's on the to-do list as it's annoying me a bit too. It'll not be sorted until I do the colour scheme though - at the earliest - as they kinda go hand in hand.

Cheers guys.
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.