Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple of quick questions

MR2 Enthusiast

couple of quick questions

Are we going to have an advertisers page? i would much rather my hard earned cash went to the club. makes sense cos its only mk1`s i work on.

i seem to have to log in every time i visit the forum, is this intended ,can we have a logged in till log out or untill a set time has elapsed (7 days ?)

is there a suggestions/tweaking link or email ?
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: couple of quick questions

Hi Kev, already spoke to Wayne regarding the Advertisers forum & he will sort it in the next day or two, we are about the only two people who provide parts solely for the mk1 on a daily basis so makes sense really, He's also aware of some little glitches on the site, like the one you mention, Both he & Max will be ironing a few of them out today mate, so alls good. Jinx

Hi Kev,
    Firstly, I've moved this post to the relevant section...

There's a lot to get through at the moment to get things up and running, and we've really had to hit the ground running on this one. Advertisers is one of the things I will need to look at, but I can't tell you when I'll be able to do it. I've got a busy week next week with an exam and a few big meetings, so the fact of the matter is that working on this site is taking up time when I'd normally be sleeping... so there's only so much I can do. We'll get on to it when we can.

As for staying logged in. There's a box when you log in that says "keep me logged in..." Select that and it should do the job. However, I'm not sure it's just behaved itself for me... if this is the case then it's another job on the list... but that means debugging and thus it's not going to be at the top of the list... sorry.
    (however, try it out and let me know how it goes)
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Enthusiast

Max, i would like to personally thank you for taking the time to help us out, we all know how precious your time is & how busy you are, so this means a lot to us mate.
    On a different note... slightly, Ive clicked the Auto log in box too, but it never seems to keep me logged in either , anyways a job for another week, we are just happy we have somewhere to call home... its like a bunch of refugees stumbling on an empty tower block , Jinx

Yeah, I seem to have just had no time for anything the last year and although my to-do list gets shorter all the time, my free time does too! Dunno where it goes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Jinxy Froude
    On a different note... slightly, Ive clicked the Auto log in box too, but it never seems to keep me logged in either , anyways a job for another week, we are just happy we have somewhere to call home... its like a bunch of refugees stumbling on an empty tower block , Jinx
    What browser are you using? I'll have a quick look now.

Yea Max I'd like to echo what Jinx said, we are extremely lucky to have someone like you with fantastic iT knowledge as part of the team.

I have such a good feeling about the future of the Club now, it's all coming together nicely and it helps when we have such a great bunch of enthusiastic and dedicated people on board.

Onwards and upwards.

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymax
    Yeah, I seem to have just had no time for anything the last year and although my to-do list gets shorter all the time, my free time does too! Dunno where it goes!!!

By browser do you mean I.E7, or Windaz toothousand ( private Joke, ask Mike )
    im still struggling with a calculator mate, so P.C are not my thing

By browser do you mean I.E7, or Windaz toothousand ( private Joke, ask Mike )
    im still struggling with a calculator mate, so P.C are not my thing
    IE7 is all I needed to know Jinx, thanks.
    Gonna have to delve into this one arms deep as I can't figure out why it's doing it right now, so it's not an issue that'll be sorted tonight... sorry.

MR2 Enthusiast

Thanks Max, take as long as you need mate, no probs....wonder if Wayne is drunk yet, he's been on a high since yesterday, dont think he's come down yet

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymax

It does the same with Firefox 3.03
    Jiimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour