Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Festival (ne Classic) 2023 - 25th to 27th August 2023 (BH Weekend!)

Silverstone Festival (ne Classic) 2023 - 25th to 27th August 2023 (BH Weekend!)

Hi all,

Welcome to the official thread for the 2023 Silverstone Festival (Previously Silverstone Classic)!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssclogo.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	6539

Intro
    The Silverstone Classic has been rebranded into the Silverstone Festival. You can expect the same on-track entertainment, as well as the off-track static car show, music artists and live entertainment that you’ve come to love. In addition to that, over the past few years there have been a lot more family focused activities, including mini food festivals, live action sports demos, a fairground with free rides, and additional fun activities laid on such as pit stop challenges.

Whether you've been before or if it's your first time thinking about attending, the Silverstone Festival really is the No. 1 classic and historic car event of the year. Not only do you get over 10,000 cars on display, but there's also racing from dawn until dusk from Friday until Sunday. There's so much to do that it can be overwhelming, but it's got something for everyone.

Once you've purchased your ticket through the club, pretty much everything inside the circuit is included. This covers open access to lots of grandstands that, at the Formula 1, would cost you over £400 for a weekend ticket. You also have full access to all of the pits and can get as close as you dare to the cars. There's nothing like being in the pits when dozens of historic F1 cars are exiting onto track; truly exhilarating! In past years, there has also been off road experiences, stunt driving demos, drag racing demos and a reverse steering Citroen 2CV challenge, as well as many other types of entertainment off track.

Once it gets to the evening, you're treated to a great line-up of free music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. This has included acts like Rick Astley, Sister Sledge, Gabrielle, Adam Ant, Status Quo, Suzi Quattro, The Stranglers, Bonnie Tyler and more!

On top of all of this, you'll get to display your MR2 to the public and will get to chat to likeminded fans of the MR2 throughout the weekend.

MR2 Mk1 Club Car Display
    In the past, we've had as many as 33 cars on display on our stand, and it's a great way to show off the marque. Whether you're new to the club, or a long-standing member, please come along to show off your pride and joy. It doesn't have to be in concourse condition, and everyone will be interested to see what Mk1 you bring.
    You don’t have to stay anchored to the stand either: we’d encourage you to go and enjoy the wider Silverstone show.

Tickets
    Tickets for this years event through the club are now no longer for sale. You can still purchase tickets directly with Silverstone.

Camping
    Most members generally camp at Silverstone Woodlands. This site offers great facilities, and a shuttle tractor service from the camp site to near Club corner. You can purchase your ticket for Silverstone Woodlands directly with them via this link - Click Here.

The following Monday is a Bank Holiday, so why not make a long weekend of it and extend your camping to include Sunday night? If you camp at Woodlands or the Golf Club, your camping ticket covers you from Thursday night to Monday midday for the same price.

Racing
    The line-up for the 2023 Silverstone Festival will feature exciting racing action from one of the best spreads of motorsport categories. The racing action will be non-stop all weekend.
    The grids for this year have been confirmed as below:

• TRANSATLANTIC PRE'66 TOURING CARS
    • MASTERS RACING LEGENDS
    • NEW - HISTORIC FORMULA LIBRE
    • HGPCA PRE'66 GRAND PRIX CARS
    • NEW - BIG CAT CHALLENGE TROPHY
    • PRE '61 SPORTS RACERS
    • INTERNATIONAL TROPHY
    • MASTERS SPORTS CAR LEGENDS
    • HSCC THUNDERSPORTS
    • MASTERS ENDURANCE LEGENDS
    • MASTERS GT TROPHY
    • ROAD SPORTS
    • HISTORIC TOURING CARS
    • FORMULA JUNIOR
    • 75TH ANNIVERSARY TRACK DEMO

More details here - Click Here

Music
    I will post up an update once the line-up for 2023 has been announced.

Car Display
    Around 10,000 cars from all sorts of car clubs makes this one of the world's largest displays of sports and super cars, along with many rarities. The calibre of cars on show is truly stunning!

Other Features of this Amazing Show!

• Anniversary parades
    • Aerial displays
    • Auctions (if you're feeling flush!)
    • Live demonstrations
    • Shopping village
    • Free fun fair including crazy golf
    • Food and drink stalls

More information is available directly from Silverstone
    https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...stone-festival

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
    Tom

Club Chairman

Attendees List

1. Tom Mundy - tommundy - Weekend - Camping - PAID
    2. Dan Simpson - Sillyhatday - Weekend - Camping - PAID
    3. Graham Wilkinson - Lakelad - Weekend - Camping - PAID
    4. Shane Reid - Shaner - Weekend - Camping - PAID
    5. Egil Jones - Martin42006 - Weekend - Camping - PAID
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -

Chatted with Gary and we are going to ticket share so happy for you to count us in.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelad View Post
    Chatted with Gary and we are going to ticket share so happy for you to count us in.

Brilliant, cheers Graham!

Hey fellows. Long time no speak. Heard we got Graham going and the chairman themselves. I'll put myself down for this year. I just need to see who I can pass a second ticket off too!

Gary and I both need tickets so certainly we will take the other half of your ticket if you don't find a buddy!

Looks like I got at least two others to come. So I can't pass a ticket off to you guys I'm afraid. Looking forwards to it!

Been a while since i logged on, I might be up for joining in, would be great to catchup with you all. Dont have a MK1 on the road though.
    I do have a roadtrip that is supposed to finish that weekend so will have to double check on all of that.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

Great stuff all! Please can you message me with your ticket requirements?

I'll take the weekend camping please. I'll take the MR2 if there are others doing so. Else I borrow Dads camper.