Thread: Former owner looking for his old car

MR2 Lurker

Former owner looking for his old car

Hello Ladies and Gents of the Mr2 world. I’m a former mk1 owner, looking to hopefully find his old car to see how it’s doing. I had the car in 2009, when I had it, I brought it off a man who used it for track. He’d rebuilt the engine and kept it relatively mechanically sound, it came with a lot of pictures and documented proof of this work. However the body was very rusty, the sills none existent and the front wings had holes filled with news paper and filler. I purchased it and took about repairing the sills, getting new wings, replacing tyres and brakes and a whole host of other stuff in perpetration to take it to Prague. The car saw my friend and, I take our first road trip as teenagers across every mountain pass in Europe just about, over stelvio to Prague and, back via the Nurburgring. I didn’t keep the car much longer after that, as I’m an idiot and around 2010, we spotted it was no longer on the road on the mot website, fearing it had been scrapped by the person I sold it to. Fast forward to last night and, I just had a curiosity to check the mot status of the car, to find out to my joy, that after 8 years in hiding, it’d got a fresh ticket in 2018 and is currently still mot’d. So to my hope, I’m hoping to find it again and, see how it’s doing now.

I have pictures of my trip, sadly I’ve lost pictures I took of the repairs but, I have one picture of its previous ownership before I brought it, which my friend had found online.

The registration number is E278 NOT. It was white during my ownership, had an aftermarket exhaust and, lowering springs, and adjustable bilstein dampers and a engine bonnet that had a sticker inside which said for track use only. It also had a little switch near the drivers right foot that was a fuel pump cut off switch, and another switch in the top centre console, that I can’t remember if it worked. Image

These are the picture of it at stelvio and on the autobahn. I hope it’s being looked after by a member and, bringing someone as many memories as it did me. If you’re looking to sell it, give me a shout. I’ll see if I can afford it again

P.s im unsure how to add the pictures to this forum as I don’t use photo bucket. Is there a direct way to upload to this site?

MR2 Fan
    My heart skipped for a moment when I read the first part for the reg! Sadly not mine but sounds like you made good use of it during your ownership. Good luck finding it.

When your making a post click on the insert image button , It gives you the option of uploading from your pc or linking to a url

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour