Thread: Apprentice to the craft

MR2 Newbie

Cool Apprentice to the craft

Greetings, I bought a 1985 Toyota MR2 back 6 months ago and I've been having a great time working on it and driving it. I think I am getting accustomed to working on my little car, however I still need help pretty often because I don't like to f up and make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to mechanical issues and especially electrical issues ( my mind cannot comprehend any form of electrical work ) I can take off stuff and put it back together that is for sure.

https://imgur.com/a/Tdl1Ycm

Hello and welcome!

I was going to ask if you were in Houston as in Texas but your photo rather gave that away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j3rNVjz.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	6371

I've bunged your photo in the post. I'm not sure if you can do that without a few posts or being a member or something. It's been a while.

I'm not normally a massive fan of fat wheels and flared arches but that looks stunning in the black and red. Are you missing the trim and little spoiler from round the rear window or has it just been taken off?
    No exhaust pipe either. Has it still got the 4A-GE engine or has it been swapped?

James
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.

MR2 Newbie
    When I got the car I didn't even know about the missing trim, I have been hunting it down and finally got 2 c-pillar trim sets and clear toyota visors! (they were in terrible condition though) I am going to post a thread on how I repaired the two I got.

Anyway, my MR2 still has a 4-age that was rebuilt and according to my neighbor, swapped from a camry or corolla. I have a aftermarket exhaust that is tucked right under the bumper / right corner.

Nice looking car! I still miss my red over black Mk1a.