Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Mk1 in the country for sale

Best Mk1 in the country for sale

Hi guys
    Im the Lao in Ireland and the below car has come up for sale in my area .Check it out and give me your thoughts if interested let me know

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...d-cc30fd5a5685

regards
    Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Fan
    Hi Colin
    Well it is stunning that is for sure - the two tone colour really is my favourite.
    Apart from the dead fly on the headlight it looks perfect. What is the knob/thing on the rear offside quarter panel?
    Obviously the price is very high, but then that is a personal decision. For comparison, here are some photo's of my all white car with 50k miles on the clock. Mine is as good as I can make it, but that one is still slightly nicer! https://flic.kr/ps/3LNHPH
    Good luck
    Rich

MR2 Fan
    Odd that the MOT has actually expired and the mileage was only 9927 when it passed the last one in 2016...

If you use the vehicle check, its taxed and MOT'd. Something to do with being in Ireland I think. The lock on the rear wing will be for an immobiliser. It may well look great in the pics, but I notice there are no close ups of the common MK1 rust spots i.e. rear arches, bottom of the B pillars. Good ax.it looks it's not worth 20K in my book.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    The lock on the rear wing will be for an immobiliser.
    How can someone do that to the body work just for an immobiliser - that is upsetting!

MR2 Newbie

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich135 View Post
    Hi Colin
    For comparison, here are some photo's of my all white car with 50k miles on the clock. Mine is as good as I can make it, but that one is still slightly nicer! https://flic.kr/ps/3LNHPH
    Good luck
    Rich
    Yours looks fantastic, Rich .

I'm still looking if you ever think of selling. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near wealthy enough to get anywhere near that £20k price tag .

Peter.

MR2 Fan
    In the classic car weekly this week there is a 1988 mk1 one owner with 6401 miles with fsh
    priced £25,992 in Scotland - Original and immaculate - the money is in the mileage, would not be able to use it as this will devalue as seen with all, would imagine this has been in a collection. With this provenance would imagine one of the best in the world. No matter how you restore cars the original provenance is the key
    Personally the car requires to be used and enjoyed.

MR2 Newbie
    I fully agree, Jed. I can't see the point in buying a car and then not being able to enjoy it.

MR2 Fan
    As a post script to the above there is a guy who trailers a Mk1 to the Toyota dealer in Huddersfield, I have not checked for a couple of years but this is stunning condition according to the mechanics, and has full service ect
    The best I have seen for a long time belongs to a guy who lives a couple of miles from me, has owned for many years and is in a light blue, works in the trade, trying to bring it to the Mr2 meet in July, looking forward to the meet.

Hi Rich
    Just to be clear this is not my car and I have never seen it in the flesh so can't answer any questions on it.I saw it on FB Market place and got chatting with the owner who seems genuine enough so if you have any questions regarding the car go through the link to the seller
    By the way there is a current offer of 15 1/2 k on it
    C
    Last edited by MR2MK1; 23rd June 2021 at 02:07 PM.
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."