Thread: Expensive SC on ebay

Expensive SC on ebay

Prices are on the up and this one seems to have had a fair bit of work done but what do people reckon its worth?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-Toyo...sAAOSwBzdgTjM9
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

Well it does look very nice. But that's a lot of dosh.
    Looking at the bright side, when I get the wing back on mine it might be worth very nearly a hundred quid!
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.

It does seem that prices keep going up.
    To be fair, it does look a decent example with all the work carried out on it and being a SC, will demand quite a lot of attention.

It does look clean, rereading the advert though id have to wonder why the head needed any work at 70k miles.
    would be nice to see some more photos of the common rust points.

I think there have been better condition ones sell for less over the past few years.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Fan
    That does look very nice. I remember when I was looking and Supercharger auto's were being advertised at £9k-£10k and prices have risen since, so a manual with that much work done to it doesn't seem too bad. Especially when you consider the standard car that is now sold but was advertised at £14.5k.

I am wondering if it was imported to make a profit or not, and if so, how can they?! They must have spent a lot of money with the amount of work done. I wonder how good it really was to start with....

You don't get much history with an imported car, normally just the import docs.

MR2 Fan
    Have posted threads previous about values, back in 2019 imported s/c was advertised at £10k, which sold quickly, the market re pandemic has made on line auctions push prices all over the place, H&H classics 21st Oct 20 sold a Metro Turbo for £17,917 - a Lancia2000 1972 Anglia Car Auctions in28th Feb 21 sold for £23k double the upper estimate therefore the s/c to the market place only reflects what is going on in the classic world, look at fast ford prices, personally I think the Mk1 has been undervalued for too long and now starting to reflect a more true value, as previous comments supply and demand for good quality cars remains very strong

My son has a manual tintop s/c. It has rust in all the usual places. He's already replaced rear arches and cills ,but doesn't have the time to do more.
    Took it to a well respected local body shop for inspection/quote to complete welding and top quality respray.
    Quoted 8 - 10k. suspect it would be nearer the top estimate.

So that sounds a reasonable price for that ebay s/c, if in good condition, given the above quote.