Hi all,

I just wanted to gauge what people's thoughts were on us attending the Silverstone Classic this year.

Silverstone are still pushing towards having the event this year, but I can't personally see how a 100,000+ person event is going to be able to happen at the end of July, given that the best case for the vaccine programme is that all adults will have had their first vaccine by then.

There's also the problem that their cheapest tickets are only available until the end of April, at which point I don't think anyone would want to be handing over money with how things may or may not go as the year goes on. They did extend the cheaper tickets until later last year, and so they may do the same this year.

Silverstone are offering a full refund or transfer to next year policy, but I just don't feel confident advising people to sign up to the event at the moment, at least through the club as opposed to directly with Silverstone.

It'll be rubbish to not attend the Classic for two years running, but we have to deal with what's on the plate.

If there's a real interest from people that do want to attend and have a Mk1 stand, then I'll happily organise that, but I thought polling the masses was a wise idea first.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Club Chairman