Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2021 - 30th July to 1st August

Made it to the first event in what feels like ten years! I wasn't going to bother risking booking any events this year but I'm glad I did.

Spent the most of the weekend with Lakelad and Gary. Great to see people again and catch up. Can't believe it was two years since we did this! Hope you made it back safe on Monday.

I didn't manage to stay Saturday night. A friends tent was getting wet and in the five times I've been to the Classic I've never walked so much. Shows you how much we were into the whole atmosphere.

Got plenty of photos of everything, so when I get time to focus on, it I'll maybe share a few favorites on here.

I was thinking I'll not do this again purely due to how much I've come to realise I detest camping. I've never experienced noise issues at night during the event. People fighting the first night and people playing music the second (good music though, Queen, Guns and Roses). I think all I need is a tent I can stand up and sit in with some sort of small gas heater. So I think I'll sort that out for next time. Graham really saved the day with his motorhome, giving us a place to relax and recuperate with some decent conversation.

Hope to see the club go next year and a few more MR2s!!!

Gary's new motor

It was a great weekend and great to catch up with Dan and Gary and to meet Brad. Agreed the campsite did not seem quite as friendly this year but then some people have forgotten how to behave with consideration for others during the pandemic!

The show was great, not too busy, some good racing, thousands of cars of all shapes and sizes, the weather was moody however the company first class.

Looking forward to doing it all again next year especially if Dan finds a taller tent or gets his hands on a campervan!!!

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lakelad; 3rd August 2021 at 08:11 PM.