Thread: new member

MR2 Lurker

Hi I'm Jim and new to the Toyota MR2 scene. i have a Triumph Stag and a Triumph Spitfire(rebuilding)
    I've just purchased a Mk1 in white from a friend which have been dry stored for the last 5 years (being used only on sunny days)
    I picked her up on Saturday and only found three problems so far (dead battery),Replaced a slight leak on the T bar when stored over night and the instrument panel back light are intermittent (bash the dash and they come on.
    she looks rust free and goes very well all original but have a stainless steel exhaust.
    I'm not sure how to add pictures
    thanks for viewing
    Jim

MR2 Fan
    Welcome Jim,
    I'm sure theres another chap on here that has Triumph (stag I think). My failing memory.
    Anyway, welcome to the MK1 MR2 fold. Theyre addictive and you got one just at the right time as prices are starting to go up by the looks of it. Just like every other 80's and early 90's car I was once buying for £500!
    Out of interest how did you fix the leaky T-Bar?
    I have no idea how to add pics either but look forward to seeing them when you do.

Enjoy it!

Cheers
    Ben

MR2 Fan
    Hi Jim, I think you need to be "approved" to be able to add picture, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember having issues at the start.
    Welcome along. It sounds like your car is exactly the same as mine - white T-bar. Mine is 1988. I hope you got a good deal from your friend - mates rates

Rich

Welcome to the club
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Welcome to the club a Jim.
    I too have a spitfire and a MR2

Enjoy,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C68E185-8BD2-4702-869F-2929A3C7D748.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	6071
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7460D35-E7C4-4A07-8B05-B0035E9C3D44.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	6072
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C90A94AD-EDC5-48D5-98B6-1BB8E4157348.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	6073

MR2 Lurker
    Thanks for the welcome chaps ordered an electric aerial as the one i have is broken ordered the t bar roof plastic offset plug(whatever they are called) as the roof leaks just on the locking point.
    she seems rust free and been wax oiled everywhere.
    love the colour of the Spitfire with the GT6 bonnet mine is back to metal cut out all the rust and replaced the rear wings she will be British racing green again.
    The Stag is my pride and joy in Triumph New White with a ZF auto 4 speed box to keep up with modern traffic.
    I am also currently rebuilding a MK1 E type Jaguar 2+2 what has been sitting in a barn for 20 years, after 50 hours working on the engine she should be running this weekend
    cheers Jim

MR2 Fan
    Gosh that Spitfire engine bay looks gorgeous!

Sounds like your cars keep you busy Jim! You're a lucky man.