Thread: Wheel fitting

MR2 Lurker

Wheel fitting

Hi all I’m new to the site and first time of owning a Mk1 mr2, I’ve had it a year now restoring it and modified it into a 1.5 turbo. The car is off to the paint shop at the moment having a full re-spray in super silver. I’m looking to fit some larger wheels but don’t no what size I can fit, I was looking at som 16” et25 4x 100 xj 8 and I just looking for some advise on whether they will fit without any modifications.
    Also I’m having a boost problem
    as well,it seems to be over boost, the engine has a standard turbo and actuator and is hitting over 15psi, I’ve checked the exhaust valve and actuator and see fine
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I can't help you with either of those questions. I've got the stock wheels and the last turbo I owned was a diesel van.

Welcome along though!

I'm sure I have read something about wheel sizes somewhere but it was ages ago and I have no idea where. If I remember I'll post a link.
    Post some photos when you get the car back!

James
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.

MR2 Fan
    Hi Mate, I'm sure theres a chap on here that's done the conversion (aside from Woodsport of course) I want to say Superwhite90 but that's off the top of my head...

Re the wheels, theres so much conflicting information about. Filling the arches without having to do a load of arch work seems to be the key (depending what you want). I understand 15" is the best set up and 195/50/15 is near as dam it the same rolling radius as original. I went with 15 x 6.5 ET25 and they look a lot better but the rears still don't fill the arch as much as I would like. Your 16" x 8 ET25 might be a push but when I was researching some said they were fine, some said the had to roll the arches so i'm none the wiser.

Welcome and good luck.